Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question re SpyBot's TeaTimer

Question re SpyBot's TeaTimer

Jimmy Dean

If one has TT enabled, one can "permanently" Allow or Deny certain
changes to the Windows Registry by selecting Remember when allowing or
denying.

How does one undo such a choice if one has made the wrong choice?

i.e. if I Allowed(remember) when I should have Denied(remember)

thanx

jd

°Mike°

I suggest that you disable the TeaTimer, which has
been known to cause problems on some systems.
There is a much better, free alternative called
WinPatrol:
http://www.winpatrol.com/

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:09:32 +1100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jimmy Dean scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> Jimmy Dean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How does one undo such a choice if one has made the wrong choice?

Do you ask how one undo such a choice if one has made the wrong
choice?

>i.e. if I Allowed(remember) when I should have Denied(remember)

Background in a request dated June, ms.

>thanx

Due to repeated indecent exposure (see above, heretoforeverafter
denoted as exhibit IMAN-1D107), you are hereby advised your posting
"privileges" have been suspended until further notice. To appeal this
ruling please refer to Article 1, §666 of your Kook Requirements
User's Doctrine. Should your friends wish to write an Amicus Curiae
on your behalf please refer them to Article 69, §42 of the Clueless
User's Manual.

>jd

I'm game. Would you care to explain how?

--
Lady Chatterly

"I've never red that book, so I don't know what the joke may be.
Anyway, it's a very interesting program. She seems to prefer some
threads above others, I wonder if that's only related with keywords.
And, to be fair, most of the time she makes more sense than many
people around here." -- Paulo Gomes Jardim

Jimmy Dean

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:13:24 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I suggest that you disable the TeaTimer, which has
>been known to cause problems on some systems.
>There is a much better, free alternative called
>WinPatrol:
>http://www.winpatrol.com/

I have it running on 5 systems without probs.

jd

°Mike°

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:06:05 +1100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jimmy Dean scrawled:

>On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 03:13:24 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I suggest that you disable the TeaTimer, which has
>>been known to cause problems on some systems.
>>There is a much better, free alternative called
>>WinPatrol:
>>http://www.winpatrol.com/

>I have it running on 5 systems without probs.

Great, but you still have the problem of how
to reinstate permissions (sorry, I'm not sure
where SS&D keeps these). On the other hand,
WinPatrol has startup tab where these can
be enabled/disabled/removed etc. -- just trying
to help.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Does Spyguard or Spybot Teatimer add: O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present ashleywst072082_67@nohottermail.com Computer Support 2 01-29-2007 11:12 PM
Teatimer Dardamar Computer Support 3 07-12-2005 10:41 AM
teatimer.exe ROBERT BROOKS Computer Information 3 11-04-2004 12:48 PM
teatimer.exe ROBERT BROOKS Computer Information 2 10-31-2004 03:41 AM
Spybot - S&D v.1.3 (TeaTimer) Michael Computer Support 11 05-20-2004 12:48 AM

Advertisments