Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Accessing internet with Spybot causing problems???

Accessing internet with Spybot causing problems???

Newsguy67@rogers.com

I have Spybot installed and everytime I access the internet it takes a long
time to open a page. Any ideas?

°Mike°

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:38:06 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) scrawled:

>I have Spybot installed

Which "Spybot"?

> and everytime I access the internet it takes a long
>time to open a page. Any ideas?

What makes you think the two are connected?

Perhaps you should provide more details. Please read
the following, and rephrase your query:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have Spybot installed and everytime I access the internet it takes a long
| time to open a page. Any ideas?

Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version 1.3, you
have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools (left column) and
Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks from both options. Then load
your Internet pages and see if it is any different.

Newsguy67@rogers.com

news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> |I have Spybot installed and everytime I access the internet it takes a

long
> | time to open a page. Any ideas?
> |
> Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version 1.3,

you
> have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools (left column) and
> Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks from both options. Then

load
> your Internet pages and see if it is any different.

Thanks for the help.

trout

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have Spybot installed and everytime I access the internet it
>>> takes a long time to open a page. Any ideas?
>>>

>> Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version
>> 1.3, you have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools
>> (left column) and Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks
>> from both options. Then load your Internet pages and see if it is
>> any different.
>>

> Thanks for the help.

Did it make any difference when you turned it off? I'm just
wondering, as I wouldn't *expect* the two things to be related....
--
"Just curious about the problem. Is it 'fixed'?"

Toolman Tim

Newsguy67 wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > Newsguy67 wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > |I have Spybot installed and everytime I access the internet it takes a
| long
| > | time to open a page. Any ideas?
| > |
| > Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version 1.3,
| you
| > have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools (left column)
and
| > Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks from both options. Then
| load
| > your Internet pages and see if it is any different.
| >
| Thanks for the help.

Well, it *might* help. I don't use the teatimer function, and the other
doesn't seem to affect my Internet speed. I do have the download blocker
turned on, but I have broadband (cable) and it's fast enough that it
probably wouldn't be an issue.

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
|
| > "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>
| >> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
| >> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>>
| >> Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version
| >> 1.3, you have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools
| >> (left column) and Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks
| >> from both options. Then load your Internet pages and see if it is
| >> any different.
| >>
| > Thanks for the help.
|
| Did it make any difference when you turned it off? I'm just
| wondering, as I wouldn't *expect* the two things to be related....
| --
| "Just curious about the problem. Is it 'fixed'?"

(I don't think it will help, but since the OP thought it was related, then
he could at least test his theory by disabling it.)

trout

Toolman Tim wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Thanks for the help.

>> Did it make any difference when you turned it off? I'm just
>> wondering, as I wouldn't *expect* the two things to be related....
>> --
>> "Just curious about the problem. Is it 'fixed'?"
>>

> (I don't think it will help, but since the OP thought it was related,
> then he could at least test his theory by disabling it.)

Not faulting the advice. Given the question, it would be the first
logical step.
And I *would* like to know if such a thing was possible, and then, why.
And *if* not, maybe help the poster consider other possibilities.
--
"I learn things 'here', much more than I advise."

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Toolman Tim wrote:
|
| > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| >> Did it make any difference when you turned it off? I'm just
| >> wondering, as I wouldn't *expect* the two things to be related....
| >> --
| >> "Just curious about the problem. Is it 'fixed'?"
| >>
| > (I don't think it will help, but since the OP thought it was related,
| > then he could at least test his theory by disabling it.)
|
| Not faulting the advice. Given the question, it would be the first
| logical step.
| And I *would* like to know if such a thing was possible, and then, why.
| And *if* not, maybe help the poster consider other possibilities.
| --
| "I learn things 'here', much more than I advise."

I learn a lot here too - some new "tricks & tools" most every week.

Newsguy67@rogers.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:SuQrd.63$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>
> >> Well, turn OFF the Spybot Search & Destroy TSR program: in version
> >> 1.3, you have to run Spybot in Advanced mode, then click on Tools
> >> (left column) and Resident (in the window). Remove the checkmarks
> >> from both options. Then load your Internet pages and see if it is
> >> any different.
> >>

> > Thanks for the help.

> Did it make any difference when you turned it off? I'm just
> wondering, as I wouldn't *expect* the two things to be related....
> --
> "Just curious about the problem. Is it 'fixed'?"

Unfortunately it didn't help. Everytime I access a webpage I get the
message "Web site found....waiting for reply", and then it would just
struggle to open. And then it only opens in spurts. When I remove SpyBot
SD 1.3 then my webpages open like normal.....almost instantaneously. I have
cable modem access. When I install Spybot I don't install the teatimer or
the internet block thingy. I remember on my old machine, Spybot did not
cause this problem for me.