Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word 2000 and envelopes

Word 2000 and envelopes

Curmudgeon

I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our name
and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image onto an
envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?

Thanks--

Zac

Jay

Going off the top of my head here - click on file/open - there should be a
templates option. There should be an preformatted envelope template there
that you can modify the placement of your crest and print out at will.

I may be completely wrong too - if no one else helps ya, try looking in Word
Help (Help/Contents) and do a search for 'template'

Have fun cresting,

- Jay
Providing Technical Support / 1991. www.volted.com

"Curmudgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RCPrd.83767$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our name
> and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
> regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image onto
> an
> envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?
>
> Thanks--
>
> Zac

Jay

File and New.. not open.

- Jay

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iJPrd.51$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Going off the top of my head here - click on file/open - there should be a
> templates option. There should be an preformatted envelope template there
> that you can modify the placement of your crest and print out at will.
>
> I may be completely wrong too - if no one else helps ya, try looking in
> Word Help (Help/Contents) and do a search for 'template'
>
> Have fun cresting,
>
> - Jay
> Providing Technical Support / 1991. www.volted.com
>
> "Curmudgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:RCPrd.83767$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our
>> name
>> and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
>> regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image onto
>> an
>> envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?
>>
>> Thanks--
>>
>> Zac

°Mike°

Does this help?

Graphics on Labels
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:54:09 -0600, in
<RCPrd.83767$(E-Mail Removed)>
Curmudgeon scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SgtMinor

Curmudgeon wrote:
> I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our name
> and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
> regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image onto an
> envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?
>
> Thanks--
>
> Zac

Use Word's help function, select index and type the keyword 'envelope.'
Then scroll down to 'Insert special text and graphics on envelopes.'

Toolman Tim

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Curmudgeon wrote:
| > I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our
name
| > and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
| > regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image onto
an
| > envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?
| >
| > Thanks--
| >
| > Zac
| >

| Use Word's help function, select index and type the keyword 'envelope.'
| Then scroll down to 'Insert special text and graphics on envelopes.'

Gee! Help files...now *there's* a novel idea <grin>

Curmudgeon

Toolman Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FkQrd.62$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Curmudgeon wrote:
> | > I'd like to print my fraternity's crest on an envelope (alongside our
> name
> | > and mailing address--I have already formatted the image and text in a
> | > regular document in Word). Does anyone know how to insert an image

onto
> an
> | > envelope, or into a return address in Word 2000?
> | >
> | > Thanks--
> | >
> | > Zac
> | >

> | Use Word's help function, select index and type the keyword 'envelope.'
> | Then scroll down to 'Insert special text and graphics on envelopes.'
>
> Gee! Help files...now *there's* a novel idea <grin>

*glare* I didn't think to look there... they are usually help-less. I did
a Google before asking y'all... which was no help. Amazingly, the Word help
function was helpful. My faith is restored in online help!

Thanks to all. Mission accomplished.

Zac

Jay

"Curmudgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OHQrd.51965$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Toolman Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FkQrd.62$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> name

> onto
>> an

>> | Use Word's help function, select index and type the keyword 'envelope.'
>> | Then scroll down to 'Insert special text and graphics on envelopes.'
>>
>> Gee! Help files...now *there's* a novel idea <grin>

> *glare* I didn't think to look there... they are usually help-less. I
> did
> a Google before asking y'all... which was no help. Amazingly, the Word
> help
> function was helpful. My faith is restored in online help!
>
> Thanks to all. Mission accomplished.
>
> Zac

Good job on finding it - Kudos!

- Jay

Toolman Tim

"Curmudgeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OHQrd.51965$(E-Mail Removed)...

| Toolman Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:FkQrd.62$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > name
| onto
| > an

| > |
| > | Use Word's help function, select index and type the keyword
'envelope.'
| > | Then scroll down to 'Insert special text and graphics on envelopes.'
| >
| > Gee! Help files...now *there's* a novel idea <grin>
|

| *glare* I didn't think to look there... they are usually help-less. I
did
| a Google before asking y'all... which was no help. Amazingly, the Word
help
| function was helpful. My faith is restored in online help!
|
| Thanks to all. Mission accomplished.

Well, honestly, I've had excellent luck with Microsoft's help files. Much of
it has to do with how to search for the correct terms or ask the question in
the correct way. Sometimes it takes a few attempts. On the other hand, I use
a very expensive backup program at work that has help files that are
practically useless. Go figure.

SgtMinor

<snip>

> Well, honestly, I've had excellent luck with Microsoft's help files. Much of
> it has to do with how to search for the correct terms or ask the question in
> the correct way. Sometimes it takes a few attempts. On the other hand, I use
> a very expensive backup program at work that has help files that are
> practically useless. Go figure.

MS's help files have to be good because their products are such crap.