Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT - good study of spyware here

OT - good study of spyware here

anthonyberet

Yenc-Post 2002

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/g...rs/spyware.pdf

go blow yourself.

trout

Yenc-Post 2002 wrote:

> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/g...rs/spyware.pdf

> go blow yourself.

Is that just *your* opinion, or should someone knock on the ceiling,
and see if your parents agree?
--
"Other peoples' children....you can't beat them. Unless you're
relatively sure it can't be proven in court."

anthonyberet

"Yenc-Post 2002" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41afe5ee$0$50618$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/g...rs/spyware.pdf
> >

> go blow yourself.

nnnggnnn.....can't.....reach.......

Don M.

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Yenc-Post 2002" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:41afe5ee$0$50618$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> > > http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/g...rs/spyware.pdf
> > >

> > go blow yourself.

> nnnggnnn.....can't.....reach.......

=======

Things may change when you grow up, then it will be a matter of choice
rather than inability...

Don

Frank Thompson

On basis of recommendations from techies I have 2 spyware
applications.
Already had Spybot with most recent updates. Ran it & it found 31
bots & deleted them.
Then ran my new one...SpySweeper (with update). It found 15 more. It
ran for hours w/o completing task. I stopped it & took care of 15
additional spybots. I am having major problem time wise. When it
starts sweeping it runs very fast...so fast I cant read the names of
files being scanned. Then it gets slower and slower...finally almost
stopping ...taking 15 minutes to process one file. I ran it for12
hours & it still didn't complete the task. Even stopping it took
about 10 minutes. Entire computer so sluggish then that it was
virtually inoperable. Cure was to reboot & everything then worked
fine. With or without spyware running machine loses speed down to a
crawl after about a half day. Immediately after rebooting if I run
Spy Sweeper it is a repeat performance of above. Win2x sp4.
What should I do? Does the slowdown sound spybot related?

correct email is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

GFG

I would press Control-Alt-/Delete and if the Task Manager comes up click on
the Tasks tab and later the Process tab and see how many programs and
processes you have running. I have seen in mine that sometimes 2 of the same
program are listed.
Also you could click on Start - Run and type in msconfig. When the box
appears click on Start Up and see how many programs that are starting up
when you reboot. Uncheck any that you don't need to start up when your
computer does. Also watch for some listed and checked more than once. Be
careful not to uncheck any Windows system files. Check the full name of the
file before you decide what to keep on start up and what you can start
manually as you need to use the program. Maybe you will get better
suggestions but these are just things I have tried when my computer seems to
be bogged down.
Also, how often are you running the Defragment program? I run mine sometimes
a few times a week even if I get the message that I don't need to. Click on
Start- All Programs- Accessories-System Tools-Disk Defragmenter and follow
the instructions. I usually Analyze and then Defragment.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...