Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows xp sp2 ?

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows xp sp2 ?

 
 
Franklin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2004
Hi,
I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '. C:\programs
..' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
to fix this?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, Franklin wrote:

>Hi,
>I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '. C:\programs
>.' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
>for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
>to fix this?


1. www.google.com,
2. search past posts in 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/groups?&gro...pport.helpdesk

You will find several (at least) answers.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2004
It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
locations, and weed out the bad one.


On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Franklin scrawled:

>Hi,
>I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '. C:\programs
>.' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
>for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
>to fix this?
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Franklin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2004
Thanks Mike,

Franklin

°Mike° wrote:
> It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
> Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
> locations, and weed out the bad one.
>
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Franklin scrawled:
>
>> Hi,
>> I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '.
>> C:\programs .' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then
>> try again. to search for a file, click the start button , and then
>> click search. This there a way to fix this?



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2004
Heh! I've only just noticed...it helps if a link is provided.

Autoruns:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...autoruns.shtml


On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:51:54 +0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
°Mike° scrawled:

>It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
>Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
>locations, and weed out the bad one.
>
>
>On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Franklin scrawled:
>
>>Hi,
>>I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '. C:\programs
>>.' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
>>for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
>>to fix this?
>>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2004
You're welcome. I posted the link just as you
posted this...better late than never. <g>


On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:30:03 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Franklin scrawled:

>Thanks Mike,
>
>Franklin
>
>°Mike° wrote:
>> It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
>> Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
>> locations, and weed out the bad one.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Franklin scrawled:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '.
>>> C:\programs .' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then
>>> try again. to search for a file, click the start button , and then
>>> click search. This there a way to fix this?

>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Franklin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2004
Thats a neat program.


°Mike° wrote:
> Heh! I've only just noticed...it helps if a link is provided.
>
> Autoruns:
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...autoruns.shtml
>
>
> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:51:54 +0000, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> °Mike° scrawled:
>
>> It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
>> Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
>> locations, and weed out the bad one.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Franklin scrawled:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '.
>>> C:\programs .' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then
>>> try again. to search for a file, click the start button , and then
>>> click search. This there a way to fix this?



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2004
Yes, it is; there's plenty of "neat" programs from
Sysinternals, and free, too.


On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:01:38 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Franklin scrawled:

>Thats a neat program.
>
>
>°Mike° wrote:
>> Heh! I've only just noticed...it helps if a link is provided.
>>
>> Autoruns:
>> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...autoruns.shtml


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adminpak SP2 , Windows Server x64 SP2 =?Utf-8?B?QmrDuHJu?= Windows 64bit 2 09-03-2007 12:54 PM
MDAC 2.8 SP2 for W2K3 R2 x64 SP2 =?Utf-8?B?SmFja04=?= Windows 64bit 2 06-07-2007 12:00 AM
Novell Client 4.92 SP2 and Windows XP SP2 Yogi Computer Support 1 07-22-2005 01:33 AM
WIN XP SP2 ERROR: Can not read from or write to the data base. SP2 installation did not complete Father Jack Hackett Computer Support 5 01-26-2005 06:08 PM
Re: IE 6.0 with SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and Adobe Acrobat & Reader 6.0 George ASP .Net 5 08-24-2004 12:11 PM



Advertisments