Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nortons Antivirus

Nortons Antivirus

Az

My Nortons Antivirus claims that there is a virus in my system and a pop up
window appears whenever I log into IE. Any idea how to get rid of it.

Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.exe
Virus Name: Backdoor.Trojan
Action Taken: Unable to repair this file.

After I have pressed ok it comes up again with this:

Action Taken: Access to the file was denied.

Then this:

Action Taken: Unable to repair this file.

When I scanned the file there was nothing, Where is it coming from and how
do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help given.

gruffydd

just sent reply to wrong one. sorry
I had such as this, and was advised to go into 'safe mode'
search for the thing, find it, stamp on it.
I did, and got rid

Az

I looked in safe mode bbut couldnt find it but I could find it in normal
mode so I did and deleted it but it still hasnt disappeared so far.

news:I0Ird.105$(E-Mail Removed)...