Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No Mouse, PCI comunication yellow flag. IRQs

No Mouse, PCI comunication yellow flag. IRQs

lbbss

We have a second computer for the kids with win98 Pavilion 6630, 500mhz,
128ram, 20gig hd. Now we have a problem with the computer. I think our
1 year old has pressed the on/off switch too many times in a row. I am
not sure when and how it actually happened, but now I have no mouse arrow
and only 16 colors. The sound is working though. So I reinstalled
win98 over top of the old one. I still have all my old icons. I even
tried to switch to a usb mouse but no luck.
I reinstalled the video drivers, now video is fine. There is a yellow
flag by the ps/s mouse, one for pci communication device. Any ideas what
the problem could be, or where can I start looking. It is awkward to try
to do anything in windows when you have no mouse. Thanks

btw: this is what the irq setting are set to
(don't mind the spelling, it's not exact but you get the idea)
3 things assigned on IRQ 15.

1-keyboard
2.program interupt controller
3.Intel 8020 .... graphics controller.
3.irq holder pci steering
4.communication port. Com1
5.crystal audio.. codec device
6.floppy
7.printer
8. cmos clock
9.crystal audio codec
9.Intel cm 8201ab .. bus controller
9 irq holder for pci steering
10. mpu-401 compatible sound
11.usb Intel 8208 host controller
11.irq holder pci steering
12.ps/2 compatible mouse
13. Numeric data processor
14.intel8208 busmaster id controller
14.primary ide controller (fifo)
15.busmaster id controller
15.secondary id controller dual (fifo)
btw: i tried usb mouse and ps/2, but does not make a difference.

I tried deleting most non essential items in device manager to see if
anything is conflating with the mouse but did not help.

Jerry G.

Uninstall the part where you have the yellow explanation or question mark.
Restart the machine, and when it asks about the new hardware, insert the CD
disk that is for the mouse. Let the computer find and install the mouse
driver.

You can also install the mouse software that came with the mouse before
doing the above. This way, when you do the above, the operating system
should normally find the driver on its own.

If you do not have the software for your mouse, you can go the mouse
manufacture site and download it. You must only know the model type of the
mouse, to know what to download.

--

Jerry G.
======

"lbbss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Why would I need mouse drivers? When I first setup this computer from
scratch, I never had to install mouse drivers, and it worked fine. I
will give it a try though.

polling IRQs in a thread's code Stefan Ram Java 16 03-26-2013 07:03 PM
Asserting IRQs paswenson VHDL 0 01-23-2008 11:37 PM
DAW - question about IRQs and production quality sound cards jeff Computer Support 2 05-15-2005 09:03 PM
Memorizing IRQs & Beep Code Errors the easy way \a:\\\ A+ Certification 2 03-05-2004 06:51 PM
Can't Change IRQs in Windows 2000 RussS A+ Certification 8 09-01-2003 07:54 AM

Advertisments