Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL Simulation for Linux

VHDL Simulation for Linux

Neil Zanella

Hello,

I am looking for a VHDL simulator to use under Linux. It must be available free
of charge and be as good as possible. I plan to code some VHDL models under Linux
and then deploy them to Xilinx Foundation Tools for synthesis. Is this possible?
There seem to be so many VHDL simulators/synthesizers for Linux out there but
I'm not sure about whether any of them are any good, and if some of them are,
then I would like to have some recommendations as to the best ones.

Thanks!

Neil

Srinivasan Venkataramanan

Hi Neil,
"Free" and "Best" - AFAIK, VHDLSimli is (atleast was), I know that
recent versions have some limitations, but still worth looking at, see
http://www.symphonyeda.com

HTH,
Srinivasan

--
Srinivasan Venkataramanan
Senior Verification Engineer

http://www.noveldv.com http://www.deeps.org

I don't speak for Intel
"Neil Zanella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a VHDL simulator to use under Linux. It must be available

free
> of charge and be as good as possible. I plan to code some VHDL models

under Linux
> and then deploy them to Xilinx Foundation Tools for synthesis. Is this

possible?
> There seem to be so many VHDL simulators/synthesizers for Linux out there

but
> I'm not sure about whether any of them are any good, and if some of them

are,
> then I would like to have some recommendations as to the best ones.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Neil

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Uwe_Klo=DF?=

Neil Zanella wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am looking for a VHDL simulator to use under Linux. It must be available free
>of charge and be as good as possible. I plan to code some VHDL models under Linux
>and then deploy them to Xilinx Foundation Tools for synthesis. Is this possible?
>There seem to be so many VHDL simulators/synthesizers for Linux out there but
>I'm not sure about whether any of them are any good, and if some of them are,
>then I would like to have some recommendations as to the best ones.

Depending on what you want, full VHDL spec. or full tool chain
you might want to look at alliance.
You find it on 'http://asim.lip6.fr'.
It ist not (!) a full VHDL simulator, but a full tool chain to implement
digital designs.

There were some tools to support Xilinx, but this was some time ago and
I've got
no recent information.

See you,
Uwe