Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Logon Screen in Win2kPro

Logon Screen in Win2kPro

Sayso_Takewashi

Hello,

It is possible for not needing to logon manually on a Win2K Pro System?
At Work the PCs are configured to directly boot into a blank Desktop Set and
not needing any logon.
Heard some weeks ago,that it was possible,but the other person has not told
how

Thanks

Ingeborg

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sayso_Takewashi) wrote in

> Hello,
>
> It is possible for not needing to logon manually on a Win2K Pro
> System? At Work the PCs are configured to directly boot into a blank
> Desktop Set and not needing any logon.
> Heard some weeks ago,that it was possible,but the other person has not
> told how
>
> Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=234562

why?

On 1 Dec 2004 11:54:05 -0600, Sayso_Takewashi wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It is possible for not needing to logon manually on a Win2K Pro System?
>At Work the PCs are configured to directly boot into a blank Desktop Set and
>not needing any logon.
>Heard some weeks ago,that it was possible,but the other person has not told
>how

Other post has the answer. However it's not recommended if people have
different permissions to data. Anyone can access another users pc
automatically and get access to data they may not usually be allowed to
see.

Me

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>Me

What makes you think I do not acknowledge them?

--
Lady Chatterly

"I wonder if I'm being stalked by an AI." -- Jack Bohn

Sayso_Takewashi

Ingeborg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <Xns95B2CE075C57Eabinvalid@130.133.1.4>:

>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=234562

Thank you!

Yes sure,others could switch on my pc and be there...
But i like to power on the pc via a power switch at night for backup.This
was not possible if somebody has to press some keystrokes at night...