Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: How to use easics crc generator?

Re: How to use easics crc generator?

John Moore

> > 1. What do I initilaise the crc to?
>
> It depends what you're doing, but normally all '1's.

Thank you.

> > 2. I'm assembling the received ethernet bit stream into bytes, so that

the
> > first bit received becomes the LS Bit of a byte.

> That's how it works.
>
> > Is the input to
> > nextCRC32_D8 this byte or its bit reversal?

> You shift 'em as like they come off the line.

That doesn't answer the question. There is no shifting, as the input is byte
wide. I've now found that the correct answer is to reverse the byte as
defined above.

Thank you for the help Mike. I've now got it working!

John Moore

Alan Coppola

John,
A little late to this discussion, but if you ever have to respin
or handle more complicated conditions, and want a three-prong verification
scheme, check out:

http://www.nwlink.com/~ajjc

alan

> Thank you for the help Mike. I've now got it working!
>
> John Moore

Re: How to use easics crc generator? Jan Decaluwe VHDL 11 11-26-2010 07:29 PM
CRC Error CORRECTION reddy VHDL 14 03-03-2010 02:40 PM
String::CRC crc function returns incorrect result, why? `Zidane Tribal Perl 1 07-28-2007 08:01 PM
String::CRC crc function returns incorrect result, why? `Zidane Tribal Perl Misc 3 07-27-2007 11:41 AM
crc-8 and crc-16 code... Mamut C++ 5 02-22-2007 02:22 PM

Advertisments