Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Confusing error message from HDD Health hard drive monitoring software....

Confusing error message from HDD Health hard drive monitoring software....

Newb McNewbie

I use a program called HDD Health to monitor my hard drive, and lately
I've been seeing some error messages popping up that I'm having trouble
understanding.

What happens is that a dialog box pops up out of the blue which says,
"Attribute seek error rate changes from 200 to 100." I see that, along
with another one that says, "Attribute seek error rate changes from 100
to 200." I use a Western Digital 40gb hard drive.

Could someone tell me what those errors mean? I emailed the support
folks at HDD Health, but no response. And I didn't get a lot of help
when I googled the message, either.

Brian

"Newb McNewbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ww6rd.124288$5K2.32273@attbi_s03...
> I use a program called HDD Health to monitor my hard drive, and lately
> I've been seeing some error messages popping up that I'm having trouble
> understanding.
>
> What happens is that a dialog box pops up out of the blue which says,
> "Attribute seek error rate changes from 200 to 100." I see that, along
> with another one that says, "Attribute seek error rate changes from 100
> to 200." I use a Western Digital 40gb hard drive.
>
> Could someone tell me what those errors mean? I emailed the support
> folks at HDD Health, but no response. And I didn't get a lot of help
> when I googled the message, either.

you didn#t look hard enough...
Results 1 - 10 of about 35,000 for Attribute seek error rate changes from
200 to 100. (0.29 seconds)

°Mike°

The dialog is informing you of a change in the frequency
of errors that appear whilst positioning the HD heads.
You need to read the documentation for HDD Health to
learn the significance of what it is telling you, in respect
of the numbers.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:30:52 GMT, in
<ww6rd.124288$5K2.32273@attbi_s03>
Newb McNewbie scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

win7er win7er is offline
Junior Member

there are many free utilities, you may try others
hdd-tool.com/hdd-monitor/free-disk-health-monitoring-utility.htm