Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet explorer trying to load page on startup

Internet explorer trying to load page on startup

Jimi

When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

Any idead please.

Jim

Richard

Jimi wrote:

> When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
> to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
> I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
> I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
> Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

> Any idead please.

> Jim

open the registry and search for the IP. Delete all entries.

Joe

"I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this."

Then it must be opening with something that you have not removed from
msconfig, remove one thing at a time until it stops. If it still does not
stop you could always do a clean install.

"Jimi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:coi3fv$av7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
> to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
> I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
> I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
> Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
>
> Any idead please.
>
> Jim

JOni

Do you mean a clean install of windows oe I.E

Joe wrote:
> "I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this."
>
> Then it must be opening with something that you have not removed from
> msconfig, remove one thing at a time until it stops. If it still does not
> stop you could always do a clean install.
>
> "Jimi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:coi3fv$av7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
>>to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
>>I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
>>I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
>>Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
>>
>>Any idead please.
>>
>>Jim

DennisC

"Jimi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:coi3fv$av7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
> to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
> I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
> I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
> Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
>
> Any idead please.
>
> Jim

Hello Jim,
Sounds to me that it may be a browser hijacker. Download
the Bazooka Spyware Scanner. http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html
It is freeware. Also it does NOT fix anything it finds. However, when you
click
on what it finds you are taken to the kphyr.com site and instructions for
manual
removal of that particular object. Most of the removals involve sometimes
extensive edits of the registry. I have used it may times and it works when
other removal tools may miss a particular object. Spybot search and destroy,
spyware blaster and bazooka working together will usually keep the system
clean. You may want to disable system restore so the scanners can scan
those files also. Then enable it again when finished scanning.
Good Luck
DennisC

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:11:15 -0500, "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> "I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this."
|>
|> Then it must be opening with something that you have not removed from
|> msconfig, remove one thing at a time until it stops.

|>If it still does not stop you could always do a clean install.

Tad bit overkill isn't it?

Most drastic thing I would do is change browsers.

Between Opera and my hosts file I can't get to the website mentioned.
Opera cause it doesn't like the format of the link and the hosts file
cause it's telling me I really don't need to go there.

|> "Jimi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|> news:coi3fv$av7$(E-Mail Removed)...
|> > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
|> > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
|> > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
|> > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
|> > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
|> >
|> > Any idead please.
|> >
|> > Jim

°Mike°

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:31:55 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

> Jimi wrote:
>
> > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
> > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
> > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
> > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
> > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

> > Any idead please.

> > Jim

>open the registry and search for the IP. Delete all entries.

You are one heck of a moron, Bullis!

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/