Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: Q: regarding I2C protocols

Re: Q: regarding I2C protocols

Wolfgang Denk

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (y_p_w) writes:

>So the question I have for those who have really done this is -
>in the real world, could a master (or series of masters) issue
>a STOP command followed by a START command - all on the same
>SCL high period. The latest I2C spec doesn't explain whether
>or not this could happen.

Anything can happen. Please consider combinations of fast CPUs and
sudden power-loss or reset in _all_ phases of the protocol. Remember
for example the "I2C Edge Conditions" problem.

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de

How to use protocols.msn.FileSend and protocols.msnFileReceive yamadora1999 Python 2 05-25-2005 12:56 AM
Re: regarding I2C protocols rickman VHDL 5 06-24-2003 10:09 PM
Re: regarding I2C protocols y_p_w VHDL 1 06-24-2003 10:49 AM
Re: regarding I2C protocols kryten_droid VHDL 0 06-23-2003 11:48 PM
Re: regarding I2C protocols carel harmsen VHDL 0 06-23-2003 09:43 PM

Advertisments