Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > multiple monitors

multiple monitors

peiper

Hi

Can anyone help.
Im running XP. my pc has a NVIDIA RIVA TNT MODEL 64 onboards grapic card.
I installed a matrox millenium 11 pci card.
I installed my new monitor and they both came on but
pc bypassed both my original monitor and the nvidia.
I changed monitors in back off matrox and the new one worked.So somehow the
nvidia is being bypassed.
Device mager reconigses both graphics but only one monitor.
Can anyone advise.

Peiper

Ron Martell

"peiper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anyone help.
>Im running XP. my pc has a NVIDIA RIVA TNT MODEL 64 onboards grapic card.
>I installed a matrox millenium 11 pci card.
>I installed my new monitor and they both came on but
>pc bypassed both my original monitor and the nvidia.
>I changed monitors in back off matrox and the new one worked.So somehow the
>nvidia is being bypassed.
>Device mager reconigses both graphics but only one monitor.
>Can anyone advise.
>
>Peiper

Go into Control Panel - Display and click on the Advanced button. You
should be able to configure the monitors for both display adapters.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Dave

first tell bios which monitor you want to come up first, AGP or PCI. then in
display properties enable your second display and set resolution and color.

news:cof69a$nl2$(E-Mail Removed)...