Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Took Me Two days but I ripped them.

Took Me Two days but I ripped them.

lmnop

Thanks for the help all.
Spent the weekend re-ripping 300+ CD's to the hard drive, and now feel
comfortable that I know what I am doing with these MP3's.
Now I don't have to listen to those stinking Astoria Ford commercials on the
stinking local radio here in Astoria.
I just burned my first random sampling and got 7 hrs and 45 min, 110 track
on a disk. That should give me a weeks worth in the truck.
Now I just have to segregate all the Christmas music.
--
From the Desk of: Jesse A. Harrington

Toolman Tim

"lmnop" <abc.123@xyz> wrote in message
news:LCxqd.28350$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to .verio.net...
| Thanks for the help all.
| Spent the weekend re-ripping 300+ CD's to the hard drive, and now feel
| comfortable that I know what I am doing with these MP3's.
| Now I don't have to listen to those stinking Astoria Ford commercials on
the
| stinking local radio here in Astoria.
| I just burned my first random sampling and got 7 hrs and 45 min, 110 track
| on a disk. That should give me a weeks worth in the truck.
| Now I just have to segregate all the Christmas music.

Gotta love it! I have only 3 or 4 discs in the car at any time. And they're
only copies. So if I get ripped off, I've not lost anything important. In
addition, my MP3 player in the car has a random shuffle mode, so it's like
my own personal DJ - I don't have to listen to the same artist twice in a
row <g>

lmnop

I used to be jealous of my wife's car stereo because she has a 6 disk
changer. But now that I know how to use the mp3 in the truck I am liking
mine better.
I used to rig up my home stereo with 5 disk in the changer and 2 tapes in
the double deck with auto reverse, and use the remote to go half the day.
That seems like so long ago. I have reached the intimate in lazy, but at
least it sounds good.
--
From the Desk of: Jesse A. Harrington
news:TOxqd.23610$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "lmnop" <abc.123@xyz> wrote in message
> news:LCxqd.28350$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to .verio.net...
> | Thanks for the help all.
> | Spent the weekend re-ripping 300+ CD's to the hard drive, and now feel
> | comfortable that I know what I am doing with these MP3's.
> | Now I don't have to listen to those stinking Astoria Ford commercials on
> the
> | stinking local radio here in Astoria.
> | I just burned my first random sampling and got 7 hrs and 45 min, 110
> track
> | on a disk. That should give me a weeks worth in the truck.
> | Now I just have to segregate all the Christmas music.
>
> Gotta love it! I have only 3 or 4 discs in the car at any time. And
> they're
> only copies. So if I get ripped off, I've not lost anything important. In
> addition, my MP3 player in the car has a random shuffle mode, so it's like
> my own personal DJ - I don't have to listen to the same artist twice in a
> row <g>

Toolman Tim

Yup! I had a 5 disc changer, and when I bought my DVD player, it has the 5
disc changer, plus it plays MP3. So with 5 MP3 discs in there, it'll go all
week <g> (well, not quite, but you get the drift)

news:HQxqd.28351$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to .verio.net...