Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video Card: Locating It In System ?

Video Card: Locating It In System ?

Robert11

Hello:

Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
"128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.

I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
like to learn about, and experiment with.

Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
just can't locate any reference to it.

Where might it be ?

How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

Thanks,
Bob

Sky King

Robert11 wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
> "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
>
> I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
> like to learn about, and experiment with.
>
> Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
> looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
> just can't locate any reference to it.

Control Panel, Display; then Settings/Advanced.

> How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

Did you check the documentation that came with the computer? If not there,
check the website for the company that sold you the computer. Or the ATI
website.

--

....Sky

=============

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Robert11 wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
> "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
>
> I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
> like to learn about, and experiment with.
>
> Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
> looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
> just can't locate any reference to it.
>
> Where might it be ?
>
> How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Couple of places to check: right click on your desktop, choose
Properties, Settings tab, poke around in there. Go to the Advanced
window. Also, if all the ATI software was loaded (no guarantee that it
was) there is normally an icon in the system tray. Double click it and
look around there. There may also be an ATI program group under your
Start menu, All programs.

And you can do a Google search for your "PCI Express ATI Radeon X
300SE", you'll see links with lots of info.

why?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:38:21 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
>"128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
>
>I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
>like to learn about, and experiment with.
>
>Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,

Why?

>looked in the Control Panel, etc., but

Display?

>just can't locate any reference to it.

Start / Programs / and something starting with ATI?

>Where might it be ?

Get supplier to provide the manual?

Get the supplier to install the full set of software?

On the D/L page for ATI, oddly enough it mentions.
Display Driver, CATALYST Control Center,

>How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

The 1st may be a bit obvious, the second always helps.
www.ati.com
www.google.com

Me

Buffalo

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
> "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
>
> I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
> like to learn about, and experiment with.
>
> Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
> looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
> just can't locate any reference to it.
>
> Where might it be ?
>
> How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

This should get you started in the right direction:
http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx300/specs.html