Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Flushing data on file system (?)

Flushing data on file system (?)

English Patient

I keep getting this error message:

----
The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if the
volume can really be removed.
----

It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
ctrl-atl-del thing.

What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

EP

Toolman Tim

"English Patient" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cob3kn$quk$(E-Mail Removed)...
|I keep getting this error message:
|
| ----
| The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
| Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if
the
| volume can really be removed.
| ----
|
| It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
| ctrl-atl-del thing.
|
| What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

Get the computer to stop freezing. Seriously! The ctrl-alt-del thing is fine
once in a while, but it definately leads to problems of it's own.

So now, ask the correct questions: "My computer is locking up. Here's what I
can tell you about my system...." (make list) " and this is what I am doing
when it freezes..." (make list)...

In other words, fix the problem, not treat the symptoms.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

English Patient wrote:

> I keep getting this error message:
>
> ----
> The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
> Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if the
> volume can really be removed.
> ----
>
> It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
> ctrl-atl-del thing.
>
> What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/suppor...ved_error.html

SgtMinor

English Patient wrote:

> I keep getting this error message:
>
> ----
> The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
> Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if the
> volume can really be removed.
> ----
>
> It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
> ctrl-atl-del thing.
>
> What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?
>
> EP

Always flush the data when you've mounted the voume.

--
"Or you'll stink up the place."

English Patient

Dammit! I'm another of those "why didn't he try googling for the answer
before asking his question" people.

But thanx for the link anyway.

EP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> English Patient wrote:
>
> > I keep getting this error message:
> >
> > ----
> > The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
> > Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if

the
> > volume can really be removed.
> > ----
> >
> > It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
> > ctrl-atl-del thing.
> >
> > What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

> http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/suppor...ved_error.html

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

No worries mate. I've found several times that the way to solve a
computer problem is to try composing a request for help in this group.
While trying to spell out the details it frequently becomes apparent
that either I already know the answer or at least know how to find the
answer and I don't need to post the request.

English Patient wrote:

> Dammit! I'm another of those "why didn't he try googling for the answer
> before asking his question" people.
>
> But thanx for the link anyway.
>
> EP
>
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>English Patient wrote:
>>

>>>I keep getting this error message:
>>>
>>>----
>>>The file system mounted on the voume had data that needed to be flushed.
>>>Some data on the volume was lost. Next time please check first to see if

> the
>
>>>volume can really be removed.
>>>----
>>>
>>>It happens when my computer (4yr-old,win9 freezes and I do the
>>>ctrl-atl-del thing.
>>>
>>>What does it mean, and is there anything I can do to stop it happening ?

>>http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/suppor...ved_error.html

Toolman Tim

Me too...I'll get so frustrated with a problem, but when I get away and sit
down to post (and lower my frustration level) I often get a chance to think
about it from a different perspective.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...