Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virgin broadband

Virgin broadband

Bobby Bewl ®

Anyone on Richard Branston's Virgin broadband (£24.99 per month with no
addition charges)?

I see it has no bandwith like the BT Yahoo broadband (£26.99 per month with
a 15GB monthly allowance). Does the lack of bandwith affect perfromance?

I lkie the idea of a no minimum contract with Virgin broadband. BT has a
minimum contract.

Bobby

Flying Rat

In article <MF_pd.51$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Anyone on Richard Branston's Virgin broadband (£24.99 per month with no
> addition charges)?

Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
Broadband.

It's NTL so avoid like the plague.

> I see it has no bandwith like the BT Yahoo broadband (£26.99 per month with
> a 15GB monthly allowance). Does the lack of bandwith affect perfromance?
>
> I lkie the idea of a no minimum contract with Virgin broadband. BT has a
> minimum contract.

Others offer single month contracts and much better service.

www.adslguide.org.uk

FR

me here at www.flyingrat.net

SuperStud

"Flying Rat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
In article <MF_pd.51$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

me here at www.flyingrat.net

Zen offer a good service - No limits on bandwidth and 1 month minimum
contract. Not the cheapest, but recent reduction in price.

www.zen.co.uk

<<SS>>

gb

"SuperStud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a8a7be$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>
> Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
> Broadband.

<snip>

Takes one to know one...

Bobby Bewl ®

"Flying Rat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
In article <MF_pd.51$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Anyone on Richard Branston's Virgin broadband (£24.99 per month with no
> addition charges)?

Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
Broadband.

It's NTL so avoid like the plague.

> I see it has no bandwith like the BT Yahoo broadband (£26.99 per month
> with
> a 15GB monthly allowance). Does the lack of bandwith affect perfromance?
>
> I lkie the idea of a no minimum contract with Virgin broadband. BT has a
> minimum contract.

Others offer single month contracts and much better service.

www.adslguide.org.uk

Flying Stud/ super rat

Thanks for the link. I had done a search but did not come across that one.

I dig your website.

Bobby

Bobby Bewl ®

"gb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:coaa4d$6dn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "SuperStud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41a8a7be$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> <snip>
>> Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
>> Broadband.

> <snip>
>
> Takes one to know one...

gb

I am after some guidance on broadband in the UK. Are you able to assist?

Bobby

gb

I would suggest www.adslguide.org

They are very comprehensive of broadband services within the UK.

Have a look.

gb

"Bobby Bewl ®" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BW2qd.748$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "gb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:coaa4d$6dn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "SuperStud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:41a8a7be$0$1068$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> <snip>
>>> Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
>>> Broadband.

>> <snip>
>>
>> Takes one to know one...

> gb
>
> I am after some guidance on broadband in the UK. Are you able to assist?
>
> Bobby

Jordan

> Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
> Broadband.
>
> It's NTL so avoid like the plague.

I signed up to this (17.99 / 3GB per month). It seems OK so far, and
you only have to give one months notice if you want to concel (no 12
month contract).

The only caveat is that there seems to be no way to monitor your
bandwidth that I can find (email support have not answered my request
for guidance on this after approx one week)....and since you have to
pay for anything above 3GB - this is is a pretty BIG caveat....

B¤bby Bewl ®

"Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

>> Publicity whore and general scumbag Branson owns zero per cent of Virgin
>> Broadband.
>>
>> It's NTL so avoid like the plague.
>>

> I signed up to this (17.99 / 3GB per month). It seems OK so far, and
> you only have to give one months notice if you want to concel (no 12
> month contract).
>
> The only caveat is that there seems to be no way to monitor your
> bandwidth that I can find (email support have not answered my request
> for guidance on this after approx one week)....and since you have to
> pay for anything above 3GB - this is is a pretty BIG caveat....

Jordan

Thannks for that. I think I will sign up with BT.

Bobby

butterfly

I had this prob, virgin said I would have add it up as I go?? But as I have
been on for a while I was paying £25 and now that is un metered!! Could do
3gigs in a day or two,