Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD writer not working.

CD writer not working.

Andy Morrison

The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?

Cheers

Andy.

Cubzilla

maybe
"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Linda

"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I
> turn the system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it
> repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

How much money have you got?

Lisa

See if you can find the manufacturer and brand. Look it up on their website
and see if you can find Firmware. Flash it and see if that helps.

"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Mellowed

At the current price of writers, It'll be cheaper to just replace it.

"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Chris Hunt

When I had a cd writer problem the person I spoke to had said to remove it
from the hardware list, reset the bios and restart the computer so it would
reinstall the drive. If you have any clue what I said see if it works for
you. If you don't be cautious.

"Mellowed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f7qd.7688$(E-Mail Removed) .net...

> At the current price of writers, It'll be cheaper to just replace it.
>

> "Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
>> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy.

Bob B

What speeds did your teac re writer work at ?

--
This is the place for all your fancy dress and christmas gifts
http://www.thelaughingstock.co.uk/
"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Gary

Andy Morrison wrote:

> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy.

Since you just moved it to a new case, is it possible that you reversed
the ribbon cable and have pin 1 at the wrong end? Pull the cable off,
and verify that the marked/colored trace on the side of the cable is on
the same side as the power connector. Also check that you have the
ribbon cable connected properly to the mobo.

Andy Morrison

"Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3V8qd.3042$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What speeds did your teac re writer work at ?

4x4x32
> --
> This is the place for all your fancy dress and christmas gifts
> http://www.thelaughingstock.co.uk/
> "Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
>> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy.

Andy Morrison

"Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vw1qd.320$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> See if you can find the manufacturer and brand. Look it up on their
> website and see if you can find Firmware. Flash it and see if that helps.
>
> "Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41a85c17$0$16575$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The light on my teac cd writer has started flashing as soon as I turn the
>> system on, won't read discs & won't stop flashing. Is it repairable?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy.

I'll maybe try that Lisa, thanks.

Andy.