Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Timeout expired and General Network error

Timeout expired and General Network error

Joerg Schrocke

Hello!

On our web application we receive following errors:

Timeout
expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion
of the operation or the server is not responding

and

General network error. Check your network documentation.

In this moment, the web app connected to a sql server and run a stored
procedure to get data from the SQL Server database.
When we run the stored procedure from the query analyzer, the stored
procedure completed successful in 3 sec for 2000 datasets.

What can be the problem?

Please help!

Many thanks,

Joerg

CT

Joerg,

Does this happen all the time, or just sometimes? When you execute the
stored procedure in Query Analyzer, is there any difference between where on
the network the machine with Query Analyzer is located as opposed to the Web
server? Does your stored procdeure in any way lock any data, and
subsequently blocks requests from other sessions in your Web app, or are
there potentially other stored procedures or apps that access the same data?

--
Carsten Thomsen
Communities - http://community.integratedsolutions.dk

news:(E-Mail Removed)...