Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video editing

Video editing

John

I am looking at video editing, but will need to upgrade my system. I
currenty am running a Barton AMD XP 1.8, 512 mb, 128 ATI Radion Graphics,
and have an 60 gig hard drive installed. Can anyone pleasw advise what I
would need? can I stay with AMD, and upgrade, or change m/board to a
pentium. Cheers

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

John wrote:

> I am looking at video editing, but will need to upgrade my system. I
> currenty am running a Barton AMD XP 1.8, 512 mb, 128 ATI Radion Graphics,
> and have an 60 gig hard drive installed. Can anyone pleasw advise what I
> would need? can I stay with AMD, and upgrade, or change m/board to a
> pentium. Cheers

Video editing is one of those pasttimes that says "Give me all the
hardware you can afford and then some." But your current setup will work
okay as long as you aren't going to be doing any big projects. That huge
60GB hard drive will seem miniscule once you start capturing, editing,
and rendering. If you can afford the upgrade, get all the RAM and
especially hard drive you can afford. AMD works just fine for me. The
video card isn't really that critical if you'll be capturing and working
with MiniDV or Digital8. If you're working with analog tape, you'll need
a good capture card too. And you'll probably want a DVDRW pretty soon too.

Newbie at video editing has question re mixing audio Ed Pulliam Computer Support 2 10-26-2003 07:21 PM
video editing Rhys Computer Support 4 10-18-2003 08:18 AM
Video editing software? ripper Computer Support 4 10-08-2003 08:08 PM

Advertisments