Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Download Msg. Says "Not Enough Memory," But Do Have Plenty. Why ?

Download Msg. Says "Not Enough Memory," But Do Have Plenty. Why ?

Robert11

Hello:

My son is running XP, and has encountered the following problem:

Whenever he tries to Download updates from the new Microsoft Money 2005
program, he gets a message
that they can't do it as he needs 100MB which the message says he does not
have.
But, he has loads of GB available on his HD.

Don't know if it's a quirk of the program, or something in his PC.

Any thoughts on, or what to check, etc. would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Emrys Davies

"Robert11",

You are probably confusing memory with System Resources.

http://onlinehelp.bc.ca/tips.htm#resources

Try downloading after you have closed down all programs (except Systray
and Explorer)running in the background, including screensaver and
msconfig startup.

If you check your resource meter before and after you have done the
latter you will see how much you have gained in resources and that
little extra will hopefully solve your problem.

I have my resource meter in the Systray. I appreciate that it also uses
resources, but it is an excellent tool to have in your view.

See below site re- resources.

http://www.computerbits.com/archive/...urcemeter.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> My son is running XP, and has encountered the following problem:
>
> Whenever he tries to Download updates from the new Microsoft Money

2005
> program, he gets a message
> that they can't do it as he needs 100MB which the message says he does

not
> have.
> But, he has loads of GB available on his HD.
>
> Don't know if it's a quirk of the program, or something in his PC.
>
> Any thoughts on, or what to check, etc. would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

ImhoTech

"Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robert11",
>
> You are probably confusing memory with System Resources.
>

> "Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello:
>>
>> My son is running XP, and has encountered the following problem:

The post said "XP" Einstein.