Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screenshot

Screenshot

stu

I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

uker

>I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,
>can
> anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

Print Key
> http://www.geocities.com/~gigaman/

Toolman Tim

"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a5335b$0$44074$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl...
|I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,
can
| anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

Press the Print Screen key. Open MS Paint (or other graphics editor). Create
a blank document the size of your display resolution (800x600, 1024x768,
etc.). Paste your screen capture into the new blank document.

If you only want the active window, press alt-prt scrn, and do the same as
above.

I use an old version of Photoshop (PS LE, a light edition of version PS v.3)
and when I do a "File New" it automatically creates the blank document the
same size as my screen capture.

Good luck with the tutorial! I do a bit of that myself sometimes.

HOIB

"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41a5335b$0$44074$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl...
> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,

can
> anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

I would try and get a copy of SnagIt. It isn't freeware but it's one of the
best I've used and the price for all this functionality is extremely
reasonable. See more at: http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/

Hoib

Blinky the Shark

stu wrote:

> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
> anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor.

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html

trout

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> stu wrote:
>
>> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for
>> tutorials, can anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your
>> time

> MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure,
> you
> can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the
> difference between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word
> processor.
>
> http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Ummm, yeah. That. 'Wot he said'.
--
"Blinky seldom performs in a distinguised manner. HA ha!"

Old Gringo

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> stu wrote:
>

>>I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
>>anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

> MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
> can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
> between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor.
>
> http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
come along since Peanut butter. Thanks

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

Blinky the Shark

Old Gringo wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> stu wrote:

>>>I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
>>>anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

>> MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
>> can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
>> between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor.

>> http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

> Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
> come along since Peanut butter. Thanks

My pleasure. Always rewarding when someone agrees with my taste.

Seriously, I did try out some others, but that one's really rich,
*especially* given that it's a freebie. One of the things I really
liked about it was the fact that you could click a *part* of a window
(say, a tookbar), and it would only cap that object -- great for some
of the "help stuff", because it was essentially precropped just where
you'd have done it in IrfanView or your full-on graphics package.

I think there was some other bit of freeware that Mirek wrote (met him
in alt.comp.freeware, back when I was a reg in there) that I used to
use in the Windows Decade, but I can't remember what it was...

<clickety>

....oops! It was *Marek*, not Mirek, and *his* freeware is here:

http://www.tranglos.com/free/

I loved KeyNote; and Oubliette was nice, too (albeit I ended up not
using *any* password manager). Marek was the one, too, who I remember
yakking with in a.c.f., about Oubliette -- I warned him that because
of the way it (and all of the other password safes I tried), the
user/pwd/other information could be left in plain site on the Windows
clipboard; he tweaked his code so that wasn't happening. As for his
other stuff, I've seen KookieJar recommended quite a bit, as well.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>

>>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>>MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
>>>can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
>>>between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor.

>>>http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

>>Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
>>come along since Peanut butter. Thanks

> My pleasure. Always rewarding when someone agrees with my taste.
>
> Seriously, I did try out some others, but that one's really rich,
> *especially* given that it's a freebie. One of the things I really
> liked about it was the fact that you could click a *part* of a window
> (say, a tookbar), and it would only cap that object -- great for some
> of the "help stuff", because it was essentially precropped just where
> you'd have done it in IrfanView or your full-on graphics package.
>
> I think there was some other bit of freeware that Mirek wrote (met him
> in alt.comp.freeware, back when I was a reg in there) that I used to
> use in the Windows Decade, but I can't remember what it was...
>
> <clickety>
>
> ...oops! It was *Marek*, not Mirek, and *his* freeware is here:
>
> http://www.tranglos.com/free/
>
> I loved KeyNote; and Oubliette was nice, too (albeit I ended up not
> using *any* password manager). Marek was the one, too, who I remember
> yakking with in a.c.f., about Oubliette -- I warned him that because
> of the way it (and all of the other password safes I tried), the
> user/pwd/other information could be left in plain site on the Windows
> clipboard; he tweaked his code so that wasn't happening. As for his
> other stuff, I've seen KookieJar recommended quite a bit, as well.

It's really cool, I have been checking it out. So far so good.
Thanks again

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

stu

Thanks for the link was just what i was looking for
"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iyepd.36935$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Old Gringo wrote:

>>>Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to come
>>>along since Peanut butter. Thanks

>> My pleasure. Always rewarding when someone agrees with my taste.
>>
>> Seriously, I did try out some others, but that one's really rich,
>> *especially* given that it's a freebie. One of the things I really
>> liked about it was the fact that you could click a *part* of a window
>> (say, a tookbar), and it would only cap that object -- great for some
>> of the "help stuff", because it was essentially precropped just where
>> you'd have done it in IrfanView or your full-on graphics package.
>>
>> I think there was some other bit of freeware that Mirek wrote (met him
>> in alt.comp.freeware, back when I was a reg in there) that I used to
>> use in the Windows Decade, but I can't remember what it was...
>>
>> <clickety>
>>
>> ...oops! It was *Marek*, not Mirek, and *his* freeware is here:
>>
>> http://www.tranglos.com/free/
>>
>> I loved KeyNote; and Oubliette was nice, too (albeit I ended up not
>> using *any* password manager). Marek was the one, too, who I remember
>> yakking with in a.c.f., about Oubliette -- I warned him that because
>> of the way it (and all of the other password safes I tried), the
>> user/pwd/other information could be left in plain site on the Windows
>> clipboard; he tweaked his code so that wasn't happening. As for his
>> other stuff, I've seen KookieJar recommended quite a bit, as well.
>>

> It's really cool, I have been checking it out. So far so good.
> Thanks again
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

Bluetooth issues screenshot Bible John Wireless Networking 5 02-18-2006 12:42 AM
Screenshot of web managed switch dkotschess@yahoo.com Cisco 3 11-13-2005 12:03 AM
Click to see full size screenshot Paul Aspinall ASP .Net 1 03-20-2005 12:40 AM
screenshot Aaron ASP .Net 4 10-05-2004 11:21 PM
java applet screenshot antoine c. Java 2 08-13-2004 04:28 AM

Advertisments