Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where To Place Transferred Files In New Outlook Express (New PC Running XP) ?

Where To Place Transferred Files In New Outlook Express (New PC Running XP) ?

Robert11

Hello:

Just finished transferring all my old files from an old W98 PC to my new one
running XP.

Can someone, please, tell me where to place the following (from the old PC)
into XP:

a. For Outlook Express-

-the Address Book
-the (I think they are .dbx) folders that I had created to store
received e-mail messages
-any others that I need to place in the new OE folder ?

Will they be recognized and used automatically ?
etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Aussie Bomber

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:12:23 -0500, "Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Just finished transferring all my old files from an old W98 PC to my new one
>running XP.
>
>Can someone, please, tell me where to place the following (from the old PC)
>into XP:
>
>a. For Outlook Express-
>
> -the Address Book
> -the (I think they are .dbx) folders that I had created to store
>received e-mail messages
> -any others that I need to place in the new OE folder ?
>
>Will they be recognized and used automatically ?
>etc. ?

Try using the OE menu items:-

File|Import|Address book
File|Import|Messages

and in the "Open" window navigate to the folder where you have your
old files.

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!