Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New to mp3 players

New to mp3 players

Annette Kurten

I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
(I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn from
there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my cars
oil through the dipstick hole

gruffydd

of course you do not use the dipstick hole for filling, only idiots do that.
you must use the radiator

SwissTony

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co2k56$a19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn from
> there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
> Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my

cars
> oil through the dipstick hole

which mp3 player do u have??
it may be detected as a removal drive in my computer which u can drag the
mp3s onto.
was there any software with the player??

Bruce

I just connect the MP3 player to the PC goto My Computer and open the drive
relating to the MP3 player and copy and Paste the files.

Bruce
"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co2k56$a19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn from
> there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
> Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my

cars
> oil through the dipstick hole

dadiOH

Annette Kurten wrote:
> I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also
> burn from there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3
> player.???
> Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top
> up my cars oil through the dipstick hole

1. The MP3s are not in Winamp, they are in one or more folders on your
hard drive. Use Windows Find and search for *.mp3 to determine where.

2. Your player surely has instructions upon how to copy MP3s to it.
Unless it is a CD/MP3 player (uses CD discs) in which case you would
need to write your MP3s to a data CD. DATA Cds, not "audio".

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

berksposter

I just plug my mp3 player into a usb port, its detected as "removable
drive/f::" or something. Then highlight whichever mp3s you want to put on
it, right click and use "send to f:"
BP
"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co2k56$a19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn from
> there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
> Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my
> cars
> oil through the dipstick hole

doS

Why not try reading the instructions for once.

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co2k56$a19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn from
> there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
> Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my

cars
> oil through the dipstick hole

Annette Kurten

"SwissTony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:co2k56$a19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've got one as a surprise for my daughter.
> > I have winamp player on my machine, I can rip cd's
> > (I think that is the term) into the winamp library, and can also burn

from
> > there, but how do I download music from winamp to the mp3 player.???
> > Tech wise I am duff, but I *can* change a wheel, and I do not top up my

> cars
> > oil through the dipstick hole
> >

> which mp3 player do u have??
> it may be detected as a removal drive in my computer which u can drag the
> mp3s onto.
> was there any software with the player??

Thanx to most of you for imfo XXX