Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE not responding

IE not responding

matt

Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

SA

Try hyjackthis. I can't remember the site, but try www.download.com and see
if it is there. Good luck. Also try add aware and spybot S&D Also, scan your
system with an antivirus program. Good luck.
"matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co2d3n$1jc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
> reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

Frank.b

matt gave us a sample in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
> reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

9/10 chances you've been "homepage hyjacked" <- google around with the
quoted words.
--
Frank.b

°Mike°

Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/
http://www.lavasoft.de/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
Now maintained by InterMute
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:32:55 +0000 (UTC), in
<co2d3n$1jc$(E-Mail Removed)>
matt scrawled:

>Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
>reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

--
Basic computer maintenance

Blinky the Shark

matt wrote:

> Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
> reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

This would be an excellent time to upgrade your browser.

http://mozilla.org

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html

Mike245

matt wrote:
> Can anybody suggest a reason why my IE has stopped working for no apparent
> reason? My mail etc is working but my Homepage just doesn't open!

Most likely its spyware. Download ad aware, run it, and see what happens.

--
Mike
Be nerdy, join nerdfilter.