Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hardware diagnostic software

Hardware diagnostic software

Lisa

I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to have
a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..

Lisa

Paul - xxx

Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
> free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
> have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
>
> Lisa

Aida32
Belarc advisor
Bigfix

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Duane Arnold

"Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:vRZod.30042$(E-Mail Removed). com:

> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if
> it's free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I
> used to have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was
> called..
>
> Lisa

You can burn a CD and it's free

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Duane

Lisa

I am trying aida32 (now everest) with odd results. My screen splits into
three on the "overclocking" test. This is very similar to the problems I
have been having as it also resets my clock (as if the battery was dead).
Ever seen this response from this test? I know overclocking is CPU
related...but I'm wondering if it could also be failing on power management
(the next test). The system was shutting off by itself after inactivity
until I disabled power management in the BIOS - I think it also lost
time...boy I need to write this stuff down!!

Thoughts?

"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
>> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
>> free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
>> have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
>>
>> Lisa

> Aida32
> Belarc advisor
> Bigfix
>
> --
> Paul ...
> (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
> "A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

Lisa

I just figured out how to run the tests individually!

"Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fQ_od.30056$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I am trying aida32 (now everest) with odd results. My screen splits into
>three on the "overclocking" test. This is very similar to the problems I
>have been having as it also resets my clock (as if the battery was dead).
>Ever seen this response from this test? I know overclocking is CPU
>related...but I'm wondering if it could also be failing on power management
>(the next test). The system was shutting off by itself after inactivity
>until I disabled power management in the BIOS - I think it also lost
>time...boy I need to write this stuff down!!
>
> Thoughts?
>
> "Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
>>> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
>>> free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
>>> have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
>>>
>>> Lisa

>> Aida32
>> Belarc advisor
>> Bigfix
>>
>> --
>> Paul ...
>> (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
>> "A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

Lisa

It's definitely the overclock section. I just click on the icon and the
system goes nuts.

"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
>> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
>> free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
>> have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
>>
>> Lisa

> Aida32
> Belarc advisor
> Bigfix
>
> --
> Paul ...
> (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
> "A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

Lisa

I'm able to see the screen through VNC though it is work VERY slowly. I see
a "Memory Clock" Section under video card. It says 26mhz (original:
105mhz). Sounds like memory on the video card could be my issue...

"Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i6%od.30068$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> It's definitely the overclock section. I just click on the icon and the
> system goes nuts.
>
> "Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lisa vaguely muttered something like ...
>>> I'm trying to find a hardware diagnostic software. I don't care if it's
>>> free, or pay for - but would at least prefer a trial period. I used to
>>> have a program and lost it. Don't remember what it was called..
>>>
>>> Lisa

>> Aida32
>> Belarc advisor
>> Bigfix
>>
>> --
>> Paul ...
>> (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
>> "A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

Lisa

Also...if I move the mouse cursor off the overclock icon the screen comes
back...

news:ia%od.30076$(E-Mail Removed). com...