Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System Crashes

System Crashes

Stephen Fairie

I have recently reloaded Windows xp pro on my pc. I had to reload a lot of
utilities and also some dos based games. The games worked perfectly prior to
reloading xp However every time I try to open them the screen goes black and
the system crashes. When it reboots it goes into system file check and scans
the disk for errors. It always returns different errors but they mostly have
to do with a log file

Any Ideas Steve

Toolman Tim

"Stephen Fairie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lRvod.181$(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have recently reloaded Windows xp pro on my pc. I had to reload a lot of
| utilities and also some dos based games. The games worked perfectly prior
| reloading xp However every time I try to open them the screen goes black
and
| the system crashes. When it reboots it goes into system file check and
scans
| the disk for errors. It always returns different errors but they mostly
have
| to do with a log file
|
| Any Ideas Steve

Get specific - what games? I don't do games, but I think it may be required
to run them in "Compatibility Mode". Find the program file that starts the
game, and right-click on it. Check the Compatibility tab for options.

Scraggy

Toolman Tim wrote:
> "Stephen Fairie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:lRvod.181$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have recently reloaded Windows xp pro on my pc. I had to reload a
>> lot of utilities and also some dos based games. The games worked
>> perfectly prior to reloading xp However every time I try to open
>> them the screen goes black and the system crashes. When it reboots
>> it goes into system file check and scans the disk for errors. It
>> always returns different errors but they mostly have to do with a
>> log file
>>
>> Any Ideas Steve
>>

> Get specific - what games? I don't do games, but I think it may be
> required to run them in "Compatibility Mode". Find the program file
> that starts the game, and right-click on it. Check the Compatibility
> tab for options.

Concur
--
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
arm bears. -- Chris Addison

Portable Splat Graphics

you have to update your vid and direct X software.
restart and play

CS
news:f4wod.464$(E-Mail Removed)...