Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My "Show desktop" icon on my taskbar stopped working in Win98. Please help.

My "Show desktop" icon on my taskbar stopped working in Win98. Please help.

jamie@cd-worx.com

Can anyone tell me why my "Show desktop" icon suddenly stopped
working?

Now when I click it, it says "Open with which program".

Any help would be much appreciated.

trout

> Can anyone tell me why my "Show desktop" icon suddenly stopped
> working?
>
> Now when I click it, it says "Open with which program".
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

You could try re-creating it. Look in the Windows/System folder for
"Show Desktop.scf". Right-click it, and choose Send to; 'Desktop (create
shortcut)'.
Drag the new one from the desktop to your Quick-launch bar.
--
"If it works, delete the old one."

dadiOH

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why my "Show desktop" icon suddenly stopped
> working?
>
> Now when I click it, it says "Open with which program".
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Use Winkey + D

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

trout

dadiOH wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me why my "Show desktop" icon suddenly stopped
>> working?
>>
>> Now when I click it, it says "Open with which program".
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Use Winkey + D

I had to look at this a couple of times. The first time, I read "use
Winky", and I was trying to figure out who the hell *that* was. Time for
more coffee.
--
"Hi, I'm Microsoft Winky! Would you like to see your desktop?"

dadiOH

trout wrote:
> dadiOH wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me why my "Show desktop" icon suddenly stopped
>>> working?
>>>
>>> Now when I click it, it says "Open with which program".
>>>
>>> Any help would be much appreciated.

>> Use Winkey + D

> I had to look at this a couple of times. The first time, I read
> "use Winky", and I was trying to figure out who the hell *that*
> was. Time for more coffee.

And/or new glasses

--
dadiOH