Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > my computer freezes

my computer freezes

pat

when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go any
were can some one help

127.0.0.1

"pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cArod.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
> any
> were can some one help

sounds like spyware problems...
spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being detected,
but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts like a virus
and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

you can manually clean your system by uninstalling them in ad/remove
software and also by doing a registry search. then once you are able to get
on the internet, download and run adaware to finish cleaning up the spyware.

-a|ex

reid decker

You might try calling your ISP on the phone to reset your accounts.
"pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cArod.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go

any
> were can some one help

Batman or Superman

127.0.0.1 wrote:
> "pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cArod.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
>>any
>>were can some one help

> sounds like spyware problems...
> spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being detected,
> but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts like a virus
> and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

Is that so, Mr. Expert? Balderdash! First thing to check for is an
excessive number of TSRs running the background. These will eat up
system resources sure as snow in January. Lack of resources available
aka RAM will cause the affected function to freeze or crash. Could it be
a virus? possibly but not likely. Could it be spyware? It might be,
always check the system before the function.

> you can manually clean your system by uninstalling them in ad/remove
> software and also by doing a registry search. then once you are able to get
> on the internet, download and run adaware to finish cleaning up the spyware.
>
> -a|ex

127.0.0.1

"Batman or Superman"
<batmanorsuperman@thebatcaveorthefortressofsolitud e.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 127.0.0.1 wrote:
>> "pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:cArod.111$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>when trying to get on the internet my computer will freeze and won't go
>>>any
>>>were can some one help

>> sounds like spyware problems...
>> spyware is created to monitor your internet activity without being
>> detected, but, it also puts a burden on your system. spyware also acts
>> like a virus and tries to keep itself on your system by replicating.

> Is that so, Mr. Expert? Balderdash! First thing to check for is an
> excessive number of TSRs running the background. These will eat up system
> resources sure as snow in January. Lack of resources available aka RAM
> will cause the affected function to freeze or crash. Could it be a virus?
> possibly but not likely. Could it be spyware? It might be, always check
> the system before the function.

90% of internet related freezes are found to be spyware....
at least from work experience.

and if you read more carefully, not much information is given by the OP.
therefore, i will assume the rest to be in that percentile.

it may even be a bad block. but i won't discuss that without troubleshooting
the PC itself.
it may even be ESD damage.
or may even be 80% fragmentation.
the list goes on, so i'll chose the more common one.

-a|ex