Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ending program - o

Ending program - o

soup

Do not know if that is the letter o or the number 0
think it is the letter o (compare to the letter w used later).

When I press "Turn off" sometimes I get this and I
have to physically press "End now" to get the computer
to shut down, at first I thought it was to do with having
WMP9 running but the ending program screen can
appear whether WMP9 is running or not also whether
WMP9 is running or not , sometimes the system can
just shut down same goes for having other users logged on
i.e. it doesn't seem to affect the shutdown whether or not
WMP9 is playing or if anyone else is logged on.
Got quite excited when I saw an earlier post but that
was talking about "ending program - w" .

Has happened before now that I think the computer
is switching off only to realise twenty minutes later that
the system fans are still running on switching the monitor
back on find that the system is waiting for me to input
"end now" is there a way to ensure that the systen
switches off automatically (as it does 50% of the time)?
--
yours S

Rob Beech

"soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news9lod.20290$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

> Do not know if that is the letter o or the number 0
> think it is the letter o (compare to the letter w used later).
>
> When I press "Turn off" sometimes I get this and I
> have to physically press "End now" to get the computer
> to shut down, at first I thought it was to do with having
> WMP9 running but the ending program screen can
> appear whether WMP9 is running or not also whether
> WMP9 is running or not , sometimes the system can
> just shut down same goes for having other users logged on
> i.e. it doesn't seem to affect the shutdown whether or not
> WMP9 is playing or if anyone else is logged on.
> Got quite excited when I saw an earlier post but that
> was talking about "ending program - w" .
>
> Has happened before now that I think the computer
> is switching off only to realise twenty minutes later that
> the system fans are still running on switching the monitor
> back on find that the system is waiting for me to input
> "end now" is there a way to ensure that the systen
> switches off automatically (as it does 50% of the time)?
> --
> yours S
>
> Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
>
> It will be a program running in the bakground that is failing to close.

It shoudl say in the title bar of you end now box what the rpogrma is.
If you dont need th program running try and stop it starting up with
windows.
Either in your startup directory on teh start menu or by running MSCONFIG
from your RUN menu on the start menu.

Sometimes the computer will give the program 10 seconds or so to end then it
will close it automatically. unfortunatly it can't do this with soem
programs

Rob

ibmommy ibmommy is offline
Junior Member

it seems that in 4 years, we're the only 2 people to have seen this, but I've got it too.....In the title bar. All scans are coming back clean, nothing seems wrong, just curious if anyone can advise.

blacksheepradio blacksheepradio is offline
Junior Member

Ending Program - 0
I'm having the same problem.

VBBlueeyes48 VBBlueeyes48 is offline
Junior Member

I have had this challenge for a few months. I have deleted IE6 and ran for a few days without it or OE.
Re-Installed IE and OE runs well for a week or so, then it starts in with not running. I deleted the short-cut and ran it from progreams, and it seemed to work for awhile. But give it time and it is back.
Someone out there has to know what is creating this.

Thanks.

Unhandled exception when ending a program Hilary Zhang C++ 4 10-08-2008 05:11 AM
Ending Program John Computer Support 1 09-14-2004 06:38 PM
Loop not ending, insight as to why? LANkrypt0 Perl 1 06-19-2004 07:15 AM
Delete starting and ending lines of a file Srinivasa T.N. Perl 7 12-01-2003 06:52 AM
Firebird Happy Ending Gnomalarta Firefox 0 06-23-2003 07:46 PM

Advertisments