Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems with reinstalling WindowsXP Pro.

Problems with reinstalling WindowsXP Pro.

Zoli

I tried to formatted my HE.DO. and now when I reinstalling the windows I get
a message
"Error: Installation failed: DO:\i386\asks.Error message: the parameter is
incorrect
Fatal Error: One of the components that windows needs to continue setup
could not
be installed.The parameter is incorrect" What did I do wrong? What should I
do now?
Any suggestions? Thanks Zoli

CoCo

Zoli wrote:
> I tried to formatted my HE.DO. and now when I reinstalling the windows I get
> a message
> "Error: Installation failed: DO:\i386\asks.Error message: the parameter is
> incorrect
> Fatal Error: One of the components that windows needs to continue setup
> could not
> be installed.The parameter is incorrect" What did I do wrong? What should I
> do now?
> Any suggestions? Thanks Zoli

hi

do a full format from the xp install cd, not just a quickformat!!

coco

°Mike°

What's a "HE.DO"?

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:13:55 -0500, in
<o14od.4206$(E-Mail Removed)>
Zoli scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

MrB

I don't know, but I guess he do.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's a "HE.DO"?
>

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:13:55 -0500, in
> <o14od.4206$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Zoli scrawled:
>
>>I tried to formatted my HE.DO. and now when I reinstalling the windows I
>>get
>>a message
>>"Error: Installation failed: DO:\i386\asks.Error message: the parameter is
>>incorrect
>>Fatal Error: One of the components that windows needs to continue setup
>>could not
>>be installed.The parameter is incorrect" What did I do wrong? What should
>>do now?
>>Any suggestions? Thanks Zoli
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Very droll.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:29:40 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
MrB scrawled:

>I don't know, but I guess he do.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What's a "HE.DO"?
>>

>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:13:55 -0500, in
>> <o14od.4206$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Zoli scrawled:
>>
>>>I tried to formatted my HE.DO. and now when I reinstalling the windows I
>>>get a message "Error: Installation failed: DO:\i386\asks.Error message:
>>>the parameter is incorrect Fatal Error: One of the components that windows
>>>needs to continue setup could not be installed.The parameter is incorrect"
>>>What did I do wrong? What should I do now?
>>>Any suggestions? Thanks Zoli

--
Basic computer maintenance

Zoli