Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lost gbs on c/ drive

lost gbs on c/ drive

john c93

just noticed on c/ drive properties on the cake its gone down from 5.2 gb to
1.0gb left
cleaned out all temp files exc... no recent programs installed other than
the usual updates...
would welcome any input... TIA..

MJP

"john c93" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cM3od.130$(E-Mail Removed)...
> just noticed on c/ drive properties on the cake its gone down from 5.2 gb
> to 1.0gb left
> cleaned out all temp files exc... no recent programs installed other than
> the usual updates...
> would welcome any input... TIA..

Download Sequoia view, it will give you a graphical representation of your
hard disk usage. A great utility in my opinion.Available here
http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

MJP

doS

Using XP?
Maybe the system restore files have grown.

"john c93" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cM3od.130$(E-Mail Removed)...
> just noticed on c/ drive properties on the cake its gone down from 5.2 gb

> 1.0gb left
> cleaned out all temp files exc... no recent programs installed other than
> the usual updates...
> would welcome any input... TIA..

°Mike°

A few more details about your system might help.
Like, have you got Norton Protected Recycle bin?
Have you emptied it, and the normal one?
Have you ran scandisk?
How about releasing your system restore points?

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:55:36 GMT, in
<cM3od.130$(E-Mail Removed)>
john c93 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

john c93

thanks all for your inputs, sussed it out !! defrag this morning, its seems
a avg dat file got into notebook , as the
file was to big for it , it caused the prob !!! uninstalled avg and re-inst
cured ...