Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Installation Failure - Help Pleasse.

Installation Failure - Help Pleasse.

Wiley Coyote

G'day to all.

Trying to install VS.NET on WinXP (SP2). I keep getting an
error messages that says "Please go to the Windows Control Panel to install
Windows Components"

I also have VS 6.0 Enterprise installed. I saw in the VS.Net CD1 a readme
file that says I had to remove Visual Studio Analyzer 6.0, which I did to no
avail.

I have the appropriate rights on my laptop etc.

Now, I've installed VS .Net on my other laptop(configured the same way)
with no problems.

Which component is it looking for?

TX.

CT

I don't know if this will help in your case, but I had a similar experince a
while back and it did help then: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoruninf.htm

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, AND MSF

"Wiley Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day to all.
>
> Trying to install VS.NET on WinXP (SP2). I keep getting an
> error messages that says "Please go to the Windows Control Panel to
> install
> Windows Components"
>
> I also have VS 6.0 Enterprise installed. I saw in the VS.Net CD1 a readme
> file that says I had to remove Visual Studio Analyzer 6.0, which I did to
> no
> avail.
>
> I have the appropriate rights on my laptop etc.
>
> Now, I've installed VS .Net on my other laptop(configured the same way)
> with no problems.
>
> Which component is it looking for?
>
> TX.

Wiley Coyote

Thanks CT, but that didn't help at all.

"CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't know if this will help in your case, but I had a similar experince
>a while back and it did help then: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoruninf.htm
>
> --
> Carsten Thomsen
> Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, AND MSF
> http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=105
> Communities - http://community.integratedsolutions.dk
>
> "Wiley Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> G'day to all.
>>
>> Trying to install VS.NET on WinXP (SP2). I keep getting an
>> error messages that says "Please go to the Windows Control Panel to
>> install
>> Windows Components"
>>
>> I also have VS 6.0 Enterprise installed. I saw in the VS.Net CD1 a readme
>> file that says I had to remove Visual Studio Analyzer 6.0, which I did to
>> no
>> avail.
>>
>> I have the appropriate rights on my laptop etc.
>>
>> Now, I've installed VS .Net on my other laptop(configured the same way)
>> with no problems.
>>
>> Which component is it looking for?
>>
>> TX.

Wiley Coyote

Ran setup from the Setup Dir instead of autorun which launches prereq.dll.

Regards