Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re.Problems receive/send emails in outlook.

Re.Problems receive/send emails in outlook.

Melvin Harrigan

I have a Dell Demension 8400 syatem running on windows xp. I installed BT
Broad Band with relative ease together with outlook express.

My yahoo email and outlook express is working ok,
however when trying to send or receive emails in Outlook 2000 proffessional
I wwreceive an error
message.. quote.

The following error message was cut and paste for my outlook after hitting
the send/recieve Icon.

Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error
(0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server
information in your account properties.'

Having checked the server details all appears to be in order.!! What do
you think can be causing the problems.?

Kind Regards.

M. Harrigan..

Alexander Palm

i checked server. server is up and running in the internet. i think its
connection problem between your Computer and the server.

Could also be trouble on server side -> server is up but mailservice is not
available @ the moment

"Melvin Harrigan" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:cnofse$7jq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Dell Demension 8400 syatem running on windows xp. I installed BT
> Broad Band with relative ease together with outlook express.
>
> My yahoo email and outlook express is working ok,
> however when trying to send or receive emails in Outlook 2000

proffessional
> I wwreceive an error
> message.. quote.
>
> The following error message was cut and paste for my outlook after

hitting
> the send/recieve Icon.
>

> Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error
> (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the

server
> information in your account properties.'
>
> Having checked the server details all appears to be in order.!! What do
> you think can be causing the problems.?
>

> Kind Regards.
>
> M. Harrigan..

OJ

Have you set up your email in Outlook yet. If not go to:

Tools, Accounts, Add, Mail, and make sure you have your incoming and
outgoing mail servers entered correctly. You would find this information in
the BT Broadband setup information booklet or on the website.