Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can I record from Sanyo Cassett Recorder to computer ?

Can I record from Sanyo Cassett Recorder to computer ?

Mick.

Hi all,
I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b

I have recorded a funeral service with a:
Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148

I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
socket on the Sanyo
but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the CD
drive.
I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10

I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
possible please?
I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
I would be really grateful for any help,
Mick.

Nik Schlein

Check your sound card, there should be a line in or a mic jack. Either of
those can import sound. Then all you have to do is find a program to record
music. If you could get your hands on Adobe Audition it would do it, but I
am sure www.download.com has tons of free audio recorders. Then all you
would have to do is burn the WAV file to a CD if they have a computer too.
Or you could burn the WAV to a CD audio CD and play it in some stand alone
CD players.

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
>
> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
>
> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
> socket on the Sanyo
> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the
> CD drive.
> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
>
> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
> possible please?
> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
> I would be really grateful for any help,
> Mick.

Mick.

"Anan Amis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
>>
>> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
>> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
>>
>> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
>> socket on the Sanyo
>> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

> CD
>> drive.
>> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
>>
>> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
>> possible please?
>> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
>> I would be really grateful for any help,
>> Mick.
>>

> In MMJB - Options-Recorder-source-Line in.

Thanks Anan,
I have done that bit and can play it but cannot see how to record it in
MMJB.

Mick.

trout

Mick. wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
>
> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
>
> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the
> ear socket on the Sanyo
> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from
> the CD drive.
> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
>
> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
> possible please?
> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
> I would be really grateful for any help,
> Mick.

Seems you *ought* to be able to use that program. If not, you can
use Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (free)
--
"Just record from 'line'."

Anan Amis

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
>
> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
>
> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
> socket on the Sanyo
> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

CD
> drive.
> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
>
> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
> possible please?
> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
> I would be really grateful for any help,
> Mick.

In MMJB - Options-Recorder-source-Line in.

Toolman Tim

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Anan Amis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >
| > "Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> Hi all,
| >> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
| >>
| >> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
| >> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
| >>
| >> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
| >> socket on the Sanyo
| >> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from
the
| > CD
| >> drive.
| >> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
| >>
| >> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
| >> possible please?
| >> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
| >> I would be really grateful for any help,
| >> Mick.
| >>

| > In MMJB - Options-Recorder-source-Line in.
|
| Thanks Anan,
| I have done that bit and can play it but cannot see how to record it in
| MMJB.
|
| Mick.

Click on View, Recorder. You can even type in track names, artist name, etc.
(Click on Artist to type in artist name, click on Album to type in album
name, etc.)

gronod

try www.download.com for all2wav. this little utility records from sound
card and will record anything you can play. but will only record as .wav
files

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
>
> I have recorded a funeral service with a:
> Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
>
> I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
> socket on the Sanyo
> but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

CD
> drive.
> I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
>
> I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
> possible please?
> I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
> I would be really grateful for any help,
> Mick.

Doug

> "Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > I have the paid for version of Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 9.00.0159b
> >
> > I have recorded a funeral service with a:
> > Sanyo Compact Cassette Recorder TRC-1148
> >
> > I can play this with Musicmatch using the computer line in from the ear
> > socket on the Sanyo
> > but I cannot see any way of recording it, with Musicmatch, only from the

> CD
> > drive.
> > I have also tried with Windows Media Player 10
> >
> > I want to record the service to disc to send to family abroad, is this
> > possible please?
> > I did ask the vicar, if allowed and was told yes.
> > I would be really grateful for any help,
> > Mick.

In MMJB you have to choose the "record from line in" option.
I've recorded many cassettes to cd using MMJB.

Mick.

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >

> In MMJB you have to choose the "record from line in" option.
> I've recorded many cassettes to cd using MMJB.

Thanks Doug, and everyone,
have done it with your help and written it down to use again.

Mick.

Recover Lost Data on A Sanyo Mobile - Sanyo M1 Nho Whei NZ Computing 0 01-10-2008 03:52 AM
Cassett to PC john Computer Support 10 05-15-2006 11:42 PM
Newbie question: Can you record audio CD's on a DVD recorder? Chris K DVD Video 3 05-11-2005 08:26 PM
JVC DR-MX1S DVD Player/Recorder, Hi-Fi VCR, and Hard Disk Recorder..Suggestions? wildchild79 DVD Video 0 01-23-2005 08:53 PM
Record Closed Captioning with Sanyo DRW-500? John DVD Video 0 01-23-2005 06:23 PM

Advertisments