Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FIREFOX LIGHTS UP WEB BROWSER WORLD

FIREFOX LIGHTS UP WEB BROWSER WORLD

AeoN

Posted November 19, 1:39 PM PST Pacific Time

SAN FRANCISCO - Firefox 1.0 appears to have sparked new activity in the
Web browser market.

For the full story:
http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=A077F1:2585418

Duane Arnold

AeoN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1100979663.XITHO620KjWNO97Ko1PNxg@
1usenet:

> Posted November 19, 1:39 PM PST Pacific Time
>
> SAN FRANCISCO - Firefox 1.0 appears to have sparked new activity in the
> Web browser market.
>
> For the full story:
> http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=A077F1:2585418

Well, the trend is to move away from browsers and use Windows programming
in C#, VB and C++ .Net with .Net WEB services and .Net Remoting being
used to access resources by Windows desktop based applications. The
browser technology will be around, but it will never be able to match the
Windows based technology. That's where things are headed when it comes
right down to the bottom line. When I can develop a .Net Windows desktop
application that will allow the access to the Web Server, it's over for
the browsers. The browsers are weak technology.

http://tinyurl.com/5dof

Duane