Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microtek scanner

Microtek scanner

allang

Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me why
Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
help

Toolman Tim

"allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cno1mn$6rp$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me why
| Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
| digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
| help

*WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...

But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible. After
all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...

allang

Sorry for lack of info Tim.It is Microtek Scanmaker 5600
news:bgMnd.92$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...

> "allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cno1mn$6rp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me
> why
> | Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
> | digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
> | help
> |

> *WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...
>
> But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible.
> After
> all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...

allang

Reinstalled Scanner for a third time and all ok now
"allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cno7p4$puk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry for lack of info Tim.It is Microtek Scanmaker 5600
> news:bgMnd.92$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
>>
>> "allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:cno1mn$6rp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me
>> why
>> | Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
>> | digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for
>> any
>> | help
>> |

>> *WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...
>>
>> But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible.
>> After
>> all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...

Toolman Tim

"allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cno7p4$puk$(E-Mail Removed)...
| <<top posting fixed>>
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:bgMnd.92$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
| >
| > "allang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:cno1mn$6rp$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me
| > why
| > | Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or
my
| > | digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for
any
| > | help
| > |

| > *WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...
| >
| > But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible.
| > After
| > all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...
| >

| Sorry for lack of info Tim.It is Microtek Scanmaker 5600

That looks like it should be new enough, but again, not all manufacturers
choose to make their hardware/software compatible with all MS specs.
Honestly, I've never bothered with MS's scanner/camera wizard.

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

allang wrote:

> Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me why
> Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
> digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
> help

Scanner Model / Connection?

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)