Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > win 98se(

win 98se(

Chelsea Girl

im posting this from a friends PC.
OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window with
just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
ta
CG

Old Gringo

Chelsea Girl wrote:
> im posting this from a friends PC.
> OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window with
> just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
> ta
> CG

right click the blue screen and go to properties you should be able
to take it from there

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

RobD.

Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
drives? what kind of computer do you have?

--
--The Computer Doctors
Serving Southern New England
"Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...
> im posting this from a friends PC.
> OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window with
> just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
> ta
> CG

doS

lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.

"RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
> Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
> windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
> screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
> drives? what kind of computer do you have?
>
> --
> --The Computer Doctors
> Serving Southern New England
> 401-816-0393
> %(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
> "Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > im posting this from a friends PC.
> > OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window

with
> > just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
> > ta
> > CG

Old Gringo

doS wrote:
> lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.
>

> "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
>
>>Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
>>windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
>>screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
>>drives? what kind of computer do you have?
>>
>>--
>>--The Computer Doctors
>>Serving Southern New England
>>401-816-0393
>>%(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
>>"Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>im posting this from a friends PC.
>>>OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window

> with
>
>>>just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
>>>ta
>>>CG

I think the OP has hidden task bar and look at disk top with the
icons hidden like when set up with the Win98se desktop logo which
takes you to windows update.?? what do you think?

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

RobD.

whether im a dumbass and didnt read the subject or not, has nothing to do
with my ability to answer the question There still isnt enough
description in the post to solve the problem.

--
--The Computer Doctors
Serving Southern New England
401-816-0393
%(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Obynd.9$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.
>

> "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
>> Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
>> windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
>> screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
>> drives? what kind of computer do you have?
>>
>> --
>> --The Computer Doctors
>> Serving Southern New England
>> 401-816-0393
>> %(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
>> "Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > im posting this from a friends PC.
>> > OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window

> with
>> > just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
>> > ta
>> > CG

Duck ducking

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:24:47 -0500, "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.

That is a dangerous offer to make, he just might know more about that
than he seems about computers, not that is saying much.

Lazarus

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Obynd.9$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.
>

> "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
> > Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
> > windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on

the
> > screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
> > drives? what kind of computer do you have?
> >
> > --
> > --The Computer Doctors
> > Serving Southern New England
> > 401-816-0393
> > %(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
> > "Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > im posting this from a friends PC.
> > > OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window

> with
> > > just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
> > > ta
> > > CG

Lazarus

your answer was total rubbish!

total and utter nonsensical rubbish!

Poor old New England

> whether im a dumbass and didnt read the subject or not, has nothing to do
> with my ability to answer the question There still isnt enough
> description in the post to solve the problem.
>
> --
> --The Computer Doctors
> Serving Southern New England
> 401-816-0393
> %(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
> "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Obynd.9$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> > lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.
> >

> > "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
> >> Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
> >> windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on

the
> >> screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
> >> drives? what kind of computer do you have?
> >>
> >> --
> >> --The Computer Doctors
> >> Serving Southern New England
> >> 401-816-0393
> >> %(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
> >> "Chelsea Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:MTwnd.331$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > with

Lazarus

reboot and tap F8

start the machine using STEP BY STEP CONFIRMATION

press ENTER/RETURN to everything except auto exec.bat and config sys which
you press escape to

see if windows loads.........if it does reboot and load normally

does the machine boot ok now?

news:8Kxnd.20871$(E-Mail Removed). com...