Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > charter cable usenet not working

charter cable usenet not working

knowyouremeny@gmail.com

This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
server.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Try using: corp.supernews.com

I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me. The
server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected via
Charter.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
> their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
> nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
> the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
> server.

doS

you have to remove your acct in your newsreader and recreate it, use
nntp.charter.net and reload your groups.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
> their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
> nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
> the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
> server.

doS

Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try using: corp.supernews.com
>
> I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me.

The
> server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected via
> Charter.
>
> --Tina
> --
> http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
> http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
> Datacenter located in Grand Rapids, Michigan
> Serving the web since 1997
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
> > their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
> > nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
> > the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
> > server.

Toolman Tim

Yeah - like it was *real* nice of them not to TELL us before that made the
change...

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ADxnd.2$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
| you have to remove your acct in your newsreader and recreate it, use
| nntp.charter.net and reload your groups.
|
| <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
| > their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
| > nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
| > the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
| > server.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.

--Tina

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vExnd.3$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.
>
> "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try using: corp.supernews.com
>>
>> I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me.

> The
>> server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected via
>> Charter.
>>
>> --Tina
>> --
>> http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
>> http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
>> Datacenter located in Grand Rapids, Michigan
>> Serving the web since 1997
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > This is hte only group that I've found to work. I think they changed
>> > their news server... they said they did. From news.charter.net to
>> > nntp.charter.net... but the new one isn't working. If I try to use
>> > the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
>> > server.

Toolman Tim

Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new service
like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely perhaps they have
to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.
|
| --Tina
|

| "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:vExnd.3$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
| > Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.
| >
| > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> Try using: corp.supernews.com
| >>
| >> I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me.
| > The
| >> server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected
via
| >> Charter.
| >>
| >> --Tina
| >> --
| >> http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
| >> http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
| >> Datacenter located in Grand Rapids, Michigan
| >> Serving the web since 1997
| >>

| >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

doS

uh...., highwinds isnt deployed in all markets yet.

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.
>
> --Tina
>

> "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vExnd.3$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> > Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.
> >
> > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Try using: corp.supernews.com
> >>
> >> I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me.

> > The
> >> server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected

via
> >> Charter.
> >>
> >> --Tina
> >> --
> >> http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
> >> http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
> >> Datacenter located in Grand Rapids, Michigan
> >> Serving the web since 1997
> >>

> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

No, but I thought I was their most important customer and my area would have
been their top priority.

--Tina

news:wTynd.5$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new service
> like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely perhaps they
> have
> to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...
>
> "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.
> |
> | --Tina
> |

> | "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:vExnd.3$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
> | > Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.
> | >
> | > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> | > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> | > The
> via

> changed

Toolman Tim

<VBG>

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| No, but I thought I was their most important customer and my area would
have
| been their top priority.
|
| --Tina
|
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:wTynd.5$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...
| > Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new
service
| > like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely perhaps they
| > have
| > to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...
| >
| > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.
| > |
| > | --Tina
| > |
| > |
| > | "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:vExnd.3$(E-Mail Removed)-media.com...

| > message

| > via

| > changed

| > |