Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinXP ?

Reply
Thread Tools

WinXP ?

 
 
John D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
storage.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RobD.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
That's more than enough

--
--The Computer Doctors
Serving Southern New England
401-816-0393
%(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
"John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
> three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space
> for storage.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed
from behind the mulberry bush:

>What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
>three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
>storage.
>


A 20 gig will be okay, just don't expect to download and store a lot
of MP3s or pR0n.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lady Chatterly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)> Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
>19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed
>from behind the mulberry bush:
>
>>What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
>>three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
>>storage.
>>

>
>A 20 gig will be


He that plants thorns must never expect to gather roses.

>Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor


Hats are more common now and flashy colors are less common. Dress is
much more functional and we "dress up" whenever we get a chance.

--
Lady Chatterly

"For example, Lady Chatterly sounds like a flaming paranoid
schizophrenic." -- Friend

 
Reply With Quote
 
John D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
I think I didn't get my message across. I have a 20 GB drive and I need to
partition it into a "C" & "D". What is the least amount of space I could
devote to the "C" to be able to install WinXP (original version)
comfortably.


"RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
news:lyvnd.40$Nw.7@lakeread08...
> That's more than enough
> "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
>> three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space
>> for storage.
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
RobD.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
If that's all you'll be putting on that partition, I would say a comfortable
number for your C: drive would be approximately 5 gig. You have some room to
go down to 4 gig, but I would not push it to 3.

--
--The Computer Doctors
Serving Southern New England
401-816-0393
%(E-Mail Removed)% remove the %'s
"John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think I didn't get my message across. I have a 20 GB drive and I need to
>partition it into a "C" & "D". What is the least amount of space I could
>devote to the "C" to be able to install WinXP (original version)
>comfortably.
>
>
> "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
> news:lyvnd.40$Nw.7@lakeread08...
>> That's more than enough
>> "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and
>>> about three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the
>>> space for storage.
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
smh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
.. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com


John D wrote:
>
> I think I didn't get my message across. I have a 20 GB drive and I need to
> partition it into a "C" & "D". What is the least amount of space I could
> devote to the "C" to be able to install WinXP (original version)
> comfortably.
>
> "RobD." <%(E-Mail Removed)%> wrote in message
> news:lyvnd.40$Nw.7@lakeread08...
> > That's more than enough
> > "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
> >> three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space


XP install size is 1.8G after CleanXP:
http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2004/2004-11-15.htm#1
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V41D123D9
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|>What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
|>three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
|>storage.

I have a 20GB HDD, and 2GB partitions works for me. I run XP/WK2/98se
each on separate partitions of course, other partitions are used for
storage and the program files which I share between systems.

XP will take up close to 1GB of space.
 
Reply With Quote
 
doS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2004

"Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
> 19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed
> from behind the mulberry bush:
>
> >What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
> >three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space

for
> >storage.
> >

>
> A 20 gig will be okay, just don't expect to download and store a lot
> of MP3s or pR0n.


How much space do you have?


>
> Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64 Kue2 Windows 64bit 10 03-17-2007 12:13 AM
Is 64-bit WinXP faster than 32-bit WinXP? Man-wai Chang Windows 64bit 10 04-23-2006 01:25 PM
WinXP 64 .mp3 summary change to look like WinXP 32? Manquala Windows 64bit 4 01-15-2006 04:01 AM
USB 2.0 in non SP1 WinXP unholy Software 30 11-04-2005 06:36 AM
Problems connecting to Internet with a Dlink 614+ and WinXP Bubster Wireless Networking 3 06-29-2004 04:37 PM



Advertisments