Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Questions about Visual SourceSafe (VSS) and .NET 2005 IDE

Reply
Thread Tools

Questions about Visual SourceSafe (VSS) and .NET 2005 IDE

 
 
Jason Barnett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2005
It doesn't appear to me that VSS is integrated with the .NET 2005 IDE. It
appears to be packaged with .NET though. Is there a way to set it up so
that you can check files in/out from within the IDE?

I also noticed Source Control options in the IDE, but I've heard that these
options refer to a new product that Microsoft offers at an additional cost.
Does anyone have more information about this?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jeremy Chapman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2005
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...tml/vssmap.asp

"Jason Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It doesn't appear to me that VSS is integrated with the .NET 2005 IDE. It
> appears to be packaged with .NET though. Is there a way to set it up so
> that you can check files in/out from within the IDE?
>
> I also noticed Source Control options in the IDE, but I've heard that
> these options refer to a new product that Microsoft offers at an
> additional cost. Does anyone have more information about this?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jason Barnett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005
Thank you. Based on this article and other articles in the msdn library,
I've found that there is a plug-in for integrating VSS with Visual Studio.
Do you know how that plug-in can be installed?


"Jeremy Chapman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...tml/vssmap.asp
>
> "Jason Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It doesn't appear to me that VSS is integrated with the .NET 2005 IDE.
>> It appears to be packaged with .NET though. Is there a way to set it up
>> so that you can check files in/out from within the IDE?
>>
>> I also noticed Source Control options in the IDE, but I've heard that
>> these options refer to a new product that Microsoft offers at an
>> additional cost. Does anyone have more information about this?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason Barnett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2005
Nevermind... I've since found that if you open Visual Studio and select
"Tools->Options->Source Control" (making sure the options dialog has "Show
all settings" checked), then you can switch the source control plug-in to
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.


"Jason Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you. Based on this article and other articles in the msdn library,
> I've found that there is a plug-in for integrating VSS with Visual Studio.
> Do you know how that plug-in can be installed?
>
>
> "Jeremy Chapman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...tml/vssmap.asp
>>
>> "Jason Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It doesn't appear to me that VSS is integrated with the .NET 2005 IDE.
>>> It appears to be packaged with .NET though. Is there a way to set it up
>>> so that you can check files in/out from within the IDE?
>>>
>>> I also noticed Source Control options in the IDE, but I've heard that
>>> these options refer to a new product that Microsoft offers at an
>>> additional cost. Does anyone have more information about this?
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VS 2005 Website and Sourcesafe mudguts362004-noshite@yahoo.com.au ASP .Net 3 10-03-2006 08:04 PM
Help: How to exclude a folder from SourceSafe in VS 2005? Hongbo ASP .Net 2 07-24-2006 06:22 PM
where do i find visual sourcesafe? Jason Shohet ASP .Net 4 12-16-2004 05:44 AM
Sourcesafe/IDE probem? =?Utf-8?B?Z3V5?= ASP .Net 1 06-15-2004 08:34 PM
Visual SourceSafe Error =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEplbmtpbnM=?= Microsoft Certification 0 04-21-2004 11:56 AM



Advertisments