Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TINY

chris

Can anyone help me please my cub group has just been given a TINY computer
and a system restore disk. No instructions or documentation (windows ME). I
need to restore back to factory settings does anyone know how to do this
please?

DEFIANT1

I take it that the system restore disk is a CD? Have you tried spinning it?
If so it should present 3 options....
One of which will by a system restore of original factory settings. You
should select this option and follow on screen options.

Personally I would just format the disk and put XP on it as ME isn't very
good @ all!

Hope this helps.
"chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cnj5mm$42m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help me please my cub group has just been given a TINY computer
> and a system restore disk. No instructions or documentation (windows ME).
> need to restore back to factory settings does anyone know how to do this
> please?

---

GFG

Good advice.
"DEFIANT1" <rob.williams703**NOSPAM**@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:z69nd.587$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I take it that the system restore disk is a CD? Have you tried spinning it?
>If so it should present 3 options....
> One of which will by a system restore of original factory settings. You
> should select this option and follow on screen options.
>
> Personally I would just format the disk and put XP on it as ME isn't very
> good @ all!
>
> Hope this helps.
> "chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cnj5mm$42m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone help me please my cub group has just been given a TINY
>> computer
>> and a system restore disk. No instructions or documentation (windows ME).
>> need to restore back to factory settings does anyone know how to do this
>> please?
>>

> ---

Stickems.

They don't have XP and even if they did have it there is doubt whether or
not it could be installed. Time preloaded the operating system onto a hidden
partition. I think that they may need a special CD to enable them to
reformat the disk.