Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Print Screen

Print Screen

Jack

Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Fuzzy Logic

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jack) wrote in news:db564c63.0411180950.5b9a1227
@posting.google.com:

> Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
> It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
> Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Print Screen simply takes a snapshot of the screen. You then need to paste
it into a graphics application such as MS Paint before you can print.

Unk

On 18 Nov 2004 09:50:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Jack) wrote:

>Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
>It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
>Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The "PrtScr/SysRq" key copies the entire screen to the clipboard.
alt+PrtScr/SysRq copies just the active window to the clipboard.

You then need a graphics program like MSPaint ot Paint Shop Pro to
paste the contents of the clipboard as a "new image"

If your keyboard has an "F Lock" key, it needs to be "Off" for Print Screen to
work.

Jos

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Maby this: http://www.softwarelabs.com/tsl4/3-screenprint.htm