Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New DVD Burner - sound problems

New DVD Burner - sound problems

poidog

I just installed a new Pioneer DVR-108 burner. Everything runs fine but
there is no sound when I try to watch DVD movies on my computer.
I don't have any specific viewer software that came with the drive. I've
been trying to use Windows Media Player or the RealPlayer to view DVD's.
Any suggestions to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Walter Mautner

poidog wrote:

> I just installed a new Pioneer DVR-108 burner. Everything runs fine but
> there is no sound when I try to watch DVD movies on my computer.
> I don't have any specific viewer software that came with the drive. I've
> been trying to use Windows Media Player or the RealPlayer to view DVD's.
> Any suggestions to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Forgot to set "play cds digitally" for the new device?
However, dvds always go digital-out, not the rear or front earphone jack.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]

°Mike°

DVD Support in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...p/dvdplay.aspx

Supported software MPEG-2 DVD decoders in Windows
Media Player for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306331

Troubleshooting DVD playback in Windows Media Player for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306318

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:27:24 GMT, in
<MuOmd.928$(E-Mail Removed)>
poidog scrawled: