Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Server 2003, MYSQL and PHPBB problems

Server 2003, MYSQL and PHPBB problems

iisath

Hello,

Trying to get help with this situation. I have installed PHPBB, PHP (4X) and
MySQL 4.1.

This is how I started out.

1. Installed MYSQL - ran setup - did FULL install - and entered in new
password when requested. MYSQL gave the green light when computer rebooted.
Created new database with CREATE DATABASE XXX; Also installed ODBC from
MYSQL site and created a "SITE DSN" for the ODBC

2. Installed PHP and verfied working and accessible

3. Installed PHPBB per the instructions on the site. Did the permissions as
instructed on config.php and install.php

4. Came to the install screen. Entered the info and password that I did with
MYSQL installation (Root was the username)

NOW SAYS - CANNOT CONNECT TO THE DATABASE. I do not know what to do at this
point.. Please help

fo

8

r7t

phpbb doesn't show up in firefox 1.5 jedihermit@jedihermit.com Firefox 0 01-16-2006 03:44 PM
phpbb doesn't show up in firefox1.5 jedihermit@jedihermit.com Firefox 0 01-16-2006 02:43 PM
PHPBB problem Paul Watt HTML 2 11-17-2005 02:45 PM
how to manage phpBB, windows 2003 server and FreeBSD user accounts simultaneously. jiing Perl Misc 6 12-02-2004 08:10 PM
open source forum like phpbb j Java 1 11-20-2003 07:09 AM

Advertisments