Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Netscape won't open multimedia video

Netscape won't open multimedia video

Paul Welch

At the Jacksonville Jaguars site:
http://www.jaguars.com/multimedia/player/?mediaid=1509
Netscape 7.1 won't open the multimedia video. I get only audio, but no
video.

Using Internet Explorer I get both audio and video.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the Jaguar site that causes this
phenomenon.

Thanks
Paul

WormWood

On the web page, click the orange text just above the drop-down menu on
the right, "change your player settings." click your type of internet
connection. Then click the image you want to play.

"Paul Welch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Glamd.27603$(E-Mail Removed) ...
| At the Jacksonville Jaguars site:
| http://www.jaguars.com/multimedia/player/?mediaid=1509
| Netscape 7.1 won't open the multimedia video. I get only audio, but
no
| video.
|
| Using Internet Explorer I get both audio and video.
|
| Am I doing something wrong or is it the Jaguar site that causes this
| phenomenon.
|
| Thanks
| Paul

Paul Welch

WormWood,

Nothing happens when I click on "change your player settings'.

Paul

WormWood wrote:

> On the web page, click the orange text just above the drop-down menu on
> the right, "change your player settings." click your type of internet
> connection. Then click the image you want to play.
>

> "Paul Welch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Glamd.27603$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> | At the Jacksonville Jaguars site:
> | http://www.jaguars.com/multimedia/player/?mediaid=1509
> | Netscape 7.1 won't open the multimedia video. I get only audio, but
> no
> | video.
> |
> | Using Internet Explorer I get both audio and video.
> |
> | Am I doing something wrong or is it the Jaguar site that causes this
> | phenomenon.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Paul

WormWood

If it plays ok in IE, it should go in Netscape. It may or may not need a
plug-in but if you have no problems with other sites then probably not.
In any case, NS will let you know and then get the plug-in for you. I
can't offer anything else except possibly to suggest you check the
obvious options in NS.

"Paul Welch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote WormWood,

| Nothing happens when I click on "change your player settings'.
|
| Paul
|
| WormWood wrote:
|
| > On the web page, click the orange text just above the drop-down
menu on
| > the right, "change your player settings." click your type of
internet
| > connection. Then click the image you want to play.
| >

| > "Paul Welch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:Glamd.27603$(E-Mail Removed) ...
| > | At the Jacksonville Jaguars site:
| > | http://www.jaguars.com/multimedia/player/?mediaid=1509
| > | Netscape 7.1 won't open the multimedia video. I get only audio,
but
| > no
| > | video.
| > |
| > | Using Internet Explorer I get both audio and video.
| > |
| > | Am I doing something wrong or is it the Jaguar site that causes
this
| > | phenomenon.
| > |
| > | Thanks