Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nvidia Geforce FX 5600

Nvidia Geforce FX 5600

Specs: Win XP Pentium 3 995 Mhz, 512 mb sdram. 40g HDD, Nvidia Geforce FX
5600 Graphics Card
Help !
Nov 2004: I updated the latest driver from NVidia, since running the driver
the display adapter is no longer available. The system is using the generic
video driver and cannot see the graphics card. Tried the usual look for
hardware changes and removed and reinstalled, removed driver and
reinstalled, tried to install old driver but it is still not working. The
only thing I can think of is that I had antivirus software running when I
installed the driver. Please help as I am completely baffled.

°Mike°

Boot into Safe Mode and remove the video device
from Device Manager. Allow it to be recognised
and reinstalled at bootup. Update DirectX.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:18:46 +0000 (UTC), in
<cnaru6$5kv$(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance