Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Small annoying problem after re-installing Win 98

Small annoying problem after re-installing Win 98

osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com

No problems with installing Win 98 on my sons oldish P.C .but after I
open up explorer to access the net (or at least check to see if i can
) I get that annoying MSN nag screen telling me that we are about to
install a modem how do I get rid of it don't need it don't want it all
part of a network thought I could get rid of it by setting my home
page as blank but that didnt work

TIA

Billh

I think if you delete the Internet connection wizard icon off the desktop
this will help.
Delete the msn icon as well.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No problems with installing Win 98 on my sons oldish P.C .but after I
> open up explorer to access the net (or at least check to see if i can
> ) I get that annoying MSN nag screen telling me that we are about to
> install a modem how do I get rid of it don't need it don't want it all
> part of a network thought I could get rid of it by setting my home
> page as blank but that didnt work
>
> TIA

Lisa

I just came across this the other day. I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the
internet connection wizard, or MSN (add/remove programs). I just don't
remember for sure. I know you can get around it though...