Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PestPatrol Finds Spyware That AdAware/Spybot Don't?

PestPatrol Finds Spyware That AdAware/Spybot Don't?

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

Just ran a recent scan of a system here at work that's been plagued
recently with spyware and came across some interesting developments.
Both AdAware and Spybot (newest and most updated versions) missed
several pieces of spyware, according to the free online scan at
www.pestscan.com

Anyone have any clue as to why the two "best" scanners are missing
these and yet this unknown scanner picks these up? And is it worth it
to spend the $s to get Pest Patrol just to remove these things?

PestScan found:

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Rameh.C trojan - Downloader
SAHagent - Spyware
Ezula - Adware
AdDestroyer - Adware
SpediaBar - Adware

Thanks for the input in advance

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:

> Just ran a recent scan of a system here at work that's been plagued
> recently with spyware and came across some interesting developments.
> Both AdAware and Spybot (newest and most updated versions) missed
> several pieces of spyware, according to the free online scan at
> www.pestscan.com
>
> Anyone have any clue as to why the two "best" scanners are missing
> these and yet this unknown scanner picks these up? And is it worth it
> to spend the $s to get Pest Patrol just to remove these things?
>
> PestScan found:
>
> Win32/TrojanDownloader.Rameh.C trojan - Downloader
> SAHagent - Spyware
> Ezula - Adware
> AdDestroyer - Adware
> SpediaBar - Adware
>
> Thanks for the input in advance

I've had similar experience. I use the free PestPatrol scan to finish
cleaning up manually after running Spybot and Adaware. Not that I could
really tell what was left was doing any harm, but it feels better to be
cleaner. I do the same with antivirus. After the main program scan, I
like to run a couple of other antivirus programs to see what they catch
that the first one didn't. Not unusual at all to find more stuff.

Mellowed

I ended up buying PestPatrol because it solved a problem both AdAware and
Spybot missed. I first used the manual edit. But, when I had Registry
entries to remove I went the safe way and purchased the full version for
automatically removal. It has been well worth the investment.

I think it is safe to say that all of these scanners compliment each other.
Just don't rely on just one package.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...